The^^Rock

~SPONSOR~
Feb 18, 2002
Hi all,

Went for a good nang today, and was jumping the CR. At one stage I remember landing on a stump with the front wheel and this is what I think put the dint in my rim.

I was riding on and off this arvo for a good 3 hours and didn't notice it at all, was only till I put the bike away in my room that I noticed the dint.

Is the dint repairable and if so, how much would it roughley cost to get fixed. I would have a go at it myself with a hammer or something but I don't wanna make it worse :)

Pic is here :

rim.jpg

Thanks all
Jim

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
I read the other day that if you straighten out a bend like that the stresses put on the aluminium will cause it to crack in time...
I have a similar one in my back rim, I made no impact trying to straighten it with a vice or hammer....

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
This is easy to fix and will not weaken the rim. Make a form of the shape of the rim with a piece of hardwood. Remove the tire and the four spokes inthe area of the ding. Using a lead dead blow hammer just keep tapping until the rim is back in shape. This will take at least half an hour of tapping, but you will never know the rim was bent.

Top Bottom