Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
This year is starting to get me down. I have already crunched a rim this year. I replaced with stainless spokes and a excel rim. Yesterday (the second ride on the new rim) I clipped a very large rock in the sandy creek pretty wide open in about third. I did not crash and did not notice till I stoped a few miles up the trail. It seems to ride fine, but on one side the rim there is a spot that is bent up. The other side of the rim is fine. It does not appear that the rim is out of round or has any side to side motion, but I have not looked at it with the rim off. I did a lot of miles after the incident and felt not difference than before it happened. I'm pretty sure that large rock did it as it almost knocked me off the bike. My grip on the was the only thing connecting me to the bike.

Anyway, I have done a search and came up with nothing on the subject. What can be done to fix it. I will post a picture of it tonight. Can I put something against back side of the rim, like a piece of wood, and hammer it out with a rubber mallot?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Danman.

You can usually push these kind of dents out of your rim with a hydraulic press. Just did one like that last week. I circle the dent with a felt pen and push directly on the dent with the press ram. Go a little bit at a time. You don't want to press it too far.

Just my $ .02

Ol'89r

Top Bottom