ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Jimbo, To make deciding easier, make it an annual thing. That way you can eventually hit all of these excellent locations! :yeehaw:

flying W

Mar 30, 2002
One trip I would love to do is Moab UT then Telluride CO then Taylor Park (Crested Butte) CO. Telluride and Crested Butte are ski resorts so in the summertime they offer great deals on lodging. www.offroad.com has some great video of Moab rides. The scenery at these places will knock your socks off. If you ride Colorado make sure to have smaller jets on hand. Beware that altitude sickness can be a problem in Colorado.

flying W

Mar 30, 2002
I forgot to take into account that there is still lots of snow in the Colorado high county in early June. You will want to call the forrest service to see when the Telluride area jeep trails will be open. I don't think that they will be passable until July but I'm not sure. Rampart Range or Woodland Park (near Denver) are very fun riding and should be ridable in early June.

utah nate

Apr 8, 2002
I havn't heard anyone here yet mention the Paiute ATV Trail system in central Utah. It consists of a 250 mile loop with hundreds of miles of side trails that take you to nearby towns for gas and food. Go to www.marysvale.org for all the info you could possibly want.

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Hey Nate,

I checked out your suggestion. That looks great. I think since I am going with the family, our focus will be on enjoyable riding and viewing scenery rather than riding hard. I think the wife is sold on it also.

Mammoth looks awesome also, but I live close enough that I can go there on a weekend during the summer when it is too hot to ride in the desert.

Thanks for all the responses. You guys are really helpful.

Jimbo

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom