Dirt in the engine

Acavin

Feb 15, 2002
Last time i rode, I had an airbox problem, and about halfway thru the ride I discovered that a large amount of muddy water entered my airbox, and got sucked into the carb. I was definitely able to feel the lack of power at this point. Took the bike home and cleaned out the carb, bought a new piston, put it back together hoping for better results...the bike can't even wheelie in first gear :(

I was thinking of getting the 225 bore, and the rb carb mod. Will this undo the damage, or is this bike lost at this point?

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
you need to check the connecting rod and main bearings for wear also thier is nothing more frustrating than having a fresh bore and piston turned into junk because one of the bearings has gone bad -i uasually replace the connecting rod and both of its bearings as well as the 2 main crank bearings while doing the bore and while you have the cases split you might as well replace all of the trans.bearings and seals as well.and have a qualified person inspect the shifting forks and dogs for wear--paying attention to these items is a must for a dependable mount

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…