BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have read several threads lately concerning stolen bikes. I also have read about injuries (get well soon, AJ). I would like to let everyone know that insurance is available AND affordable.

I currently have insurance on the Mamba. It is $70 every six months. This is for Liability, Comprehensive, AND Uninsured motorist coverage. This policy has a $50 deductible on the comprehensive and unisured motorist portion of the coverage. It is thru Farm Bureau Insurance.
Granted, I have other policies that afford me discounts but the coverage is available thru several carriers. Check with your insurance agents to find out if you can get coverage before you have to post a stolen bike or injury thread.:p :)

ps I like the updated smilies.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Speaking of injuries... hows the back Brian?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
hows the back Brian?

The back is at about 95%. Still getting some muscle spazms. I'm riding with Justql, Lorin, and Craig_enid at Muenster Sunday.:cool:

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Joking with the insurance lady one day, I found out about this, to my disbelieve I found out I could get FULL COVERAGE for my kdx for 19.00 per month & a $50.00 deductible! For less than the cost of an exhaust system I can wad hard once a year and claim it till they drop me. hehehe :p

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
I keep full coverage on ALL my bikes, dirt & street. Mostly for the theft coverage. It's very inexpensive for trail bikes. I'd have a hard time looking my agent in the eye while turning in a comp claim on a dirt bike though :think .unless it was a total loss... it's nice to know that if I missed a corner & launched my $6k scoot out into space over a 200ft drop, after which it went cartwheeling through the trees to the bottom of the ravine, where it exploded into flames & burned down to a smoldering puddle of melted alloy & charred plastic, that I'd stand a chance of replacing it... :confused:

There's also that liability thing, however unlikely. I like the warm fuzzy feeling I get knowing that there's a buffer between me and the parents of some unsupervised Jr. ATV rider that might decide to wedge their little power wheels monster truck under the front wheel of my CR ....

And now for my tag line:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!

:confused:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think I'm paying about $75 a year for full coverage and a $50 deductable through Progressive.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
$95.00 per year for me with Progressive.

Unless you are riding a thousand dollar bike you can't afford not to insure it.

MO-dirt-AR

Nov 6, 2001
Am Family quoted me (from memory) $135/yr for '02 YZ250, full coverage $100 deduct. They do not care if it's street or dirt, they just go by cc's.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom