pedesktm

Jan 6, 2000
E Rider Shifter tips

I am interested in the shifter tip replacement from E-Rider. I have a 99 300 EXC, What benefits will I gain by going with the 01 vs the old style and if anyone has purchased, ease on installation and product quality info would be appreciated.
Rick
99 300 EXC

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Do you mean E-Rider? If so a few people here have them and can help ya out I'm sure.

Strick?

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I've got one of the e-rider shifter tips. To install it all you have to do is remove the shift lever, grind off the old rivit that holds the original tip on, replace with the new tip using the supplied bolt, and reinstall the lever on the bike. It takes less the 1/2 hour to do the whole job.

It makes the bike easier to shift because you can get your boot under the lever easier on up-shifts due to its longer length. I like it. :)

You can check them out by clicking the e-rider link on the left of this page.

Hope this helps.

Mudrider

Aug 29, 2000
I just installed one last week. It extends the lever out about another inch or so you don't get any miss shifts. Has worked great so far.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Patman you have an awsome memory!

I have the E-rider tip, and agree with the other comments. I experience fewer missed shifts (much fewer), and much easier to shift while standing. One suggestion - use the stock spring instead of E-rider's, it is stiffer. The install is simple, but do need either a drill or grinder. The grinder is easier.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
I use the erider shift tip and am very happy. Had the spring problem Strick alluded to with mine; erider sent me TWO replacement springs of a new (heavier) design at NO charge. Nice guys to deal with! I think they're including the new spring with the shifter tips now (you may want to ask, though).
If you've got REALLY big feet (like one of my riding buds :p ), you can put the erider tip on the 2001 shifter arm for even more room...

Top Bottom