Dirtweek '02 Sponsors

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
There is a thread in the Dirtweek forum that lists sponsors and has e-mail addy's so we can send them a pre-dirtweek thank you note. It doesn't appear that some of them are seeing much in the way of a simple thank you. Come on folks, let them know they are appreciated! If you are attending Dirtweek and can't take a few minutes for sending thank you's then............

Attachments

• bart moon.gif
    bart moon.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 531
B

biglou

Here's a list of links to all the sponsors. Take a minute to send out a quick thank you note!Works Connection: info@worksconnection.com <mailto:info@worksconnection.com>
Pro Circuit: info@procircuit.com <mailto:info@procircuit.com>
Asterisk: bradf@asterisk.com <mailto:bradf@asterisk.com>
Dubach Racing: dubachracing@attbi.com <mailto:dubachracing@attbi.com>

Performance Factory MX: <http://www.performancefactorymx.com>
enduro engineering: www.enduroeng.com
MXSouth: Mailto:mx@pipeline.com
Sponsor House: info@sponsorhouse.com <mailto:info@sponsorhouse.com>
MXTech: wilkey@mx-tech.com <mailto:wilkey@mx-tech.com?suject=Info%20Request%20From%20DRN>
Generac: zimmerman.mike@basco.com Boyesen: (e) info@boyesen.com <mailto:info@boyesen.com>
TwinAir: info@twinair.com <mailto:info@twinair.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Wow! I had no idea. Excuse me while I do some schmoozing! :)

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Thanks for the heads up Lou! I won't be attending due to school but I hit all the links with a big Thanks. ;) ;) ;)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Just sent emails to all of them. Even though I won't be attending they deserve mojo from all of us. Thanks Lou for the info.

B

biglou

Now we're talkin'! Thanks everyone, and keep it up. They really do appreciate the kind words, trust me. :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hey Lou!
I thought when I sent a thankx out to all the sponsors I thought I would get an automated reply from them. :cool: Not from Dubach Racing........I got a reply from Gina Dubach thanking me for my support. KUDOS to Gina and Dubach.....Little guys do matter! Thumbs up to the whole Dubach team! ;) ;) ;)

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Hey-
I just wanted to thank you guys for sending out e-mails. Scotty Hanes from Performance Factory called me today and said he got 5 e-mails from people thanking him, he thought was pretty cool. It really meant a lot to him, and I know there are more than 5 members here, come on guys fill up their mailboxes!!!!!

B

biglou

It's true. They are regular folks just like us who enjoy hearing a positive word once in a while. Heck, last year I called DecalWorks to tell them how much I liked their preprinted numberplate backgrounds that they made for me, and they were shocked! Said all they usually got were calls to complain. SOunded like I made their day! :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by blackhawk468
Scotty Hanes from Performance Factory called me today and said he got 5 e-mails from people thanking him

I think this is why he said 5 emails........

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
You know... not to bust on anyone b/c that wouldn't surprise me but to take one persons word for how many overall were sent is kinda taking a small sample.

Plus, most people are going to thank them with their checkbook and probably won't bring things up until they buy.

Ivan

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
There have been many threats of land closure over the
30 years that I have been riding, and it has more often
than not has fallen on the shoulders of the manufacturers,
reps, and shop owners to organize scooter pilots in support
of our sport.

It took me only a few minutes to write all of them!
Thanks BigLou for going to the trouble to put them in one place
for everyone.

This list should be on the home page or have a direct link.

Looking forward to DW 02 ;)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Ivan, I never said or even implied that only 5 e-mails were sent overall. I have heard of reading between the lines but sheesh. Don't worry about it if its too much trouble or takes too much time for you.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Don't worry about it if its too much trouble or takes too much time for you.

Did I say that? How do YOU know what I have or have not done. Sheesh man. I almost always support those that support this forum. Hell, I was the one that first contacted MX South to be a sponsor (when they were one of the first to advertise on DRN). When I buy something from someone who is a sponsor I tell them thanks for sponsoring DRN.

I'll tell those that I want "thanks" and I'll shop with them and spend my money with them and every time I buy I'll tell them DRN sent me. I do that every time I buy from a sponsor.

Some may not send e-mails thanking the sponsors but that is their perogative. They don't need anyone telling them what they should be doing. Personally, I even buy my deodorant b/c of their sponsorship of the SX series and tore the bag off my camelback b/c of their lack of support. I doubt I'm the only one showing appreciation that way.

Does that mean I don't want people to send thanks? No. It only means that I want them to do it of their own free will and not b/c there is a post in the flame board. If in the end we lose sponsors then that will show you how much things mean to the members. If they want DW to be successful I trust they will do what it takes.

And in terms of how I know people show appreciation with their pocket book... well, I've never done a full fledge study comparing the merits of the comment but overall when you look at how a customer likes something it is usually relative to a companies sales. It is a term that is commonly used. I personally don't buy from people I don't like or those that I don't feel give enough back and just about everyone I know is that way for the most part.

Sorry I forgot to include the graphs and statistics but I'm confident enough in the comment to let it stand.

Ivan

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I just found a nice thank you from Gina Dubach in my inbox. :)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Blah blah blah, just reading between the lines just like you seem to do! You are the best Ivan, my bad for trying to remind people who may not have thought about it. From now on should I ask you for advice before I post anything? Sorry that every single post on DRN may not meet up to your standards and judgement. You may stand by your original statement - blind faith always amazes me - I will still stand by my original post which is - I sure wish more people would thank the DW 02 sponsors - sorry you have a problem with that.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Blah blah blah, just reading between the lines just like you seem to do! You are the best Ivan, my bad for trying to remind people who may not have thought about it.

Did I piss in your oatmeal or something?

Sheesh. I have a different opinion about flaming people for not sending e-mails. A post in the flame forum is not a reminder IMO.

From now on should I ask you for advice before I post anything?

Where do you get that? I just have a different opinion. That is all. Big deal.

There will be stuff you post that I will agree with. There will be others I don't. I'm not upset or bitter by it. However, your posts seem to be.

Should I not try to post to any thread you are in? If it bothers you that I may have a different opinion I'll stay away and not comment about it since it bothers you so much.

On the other hand, if you disagree with anything I post I welcome your differing opinion. It may give me some insight that I haven't thought of before. That is what I like about differing opinions.

Sorry that every single post on DRN may not meet up to your standards and judgement.

Did I attack your posting? No. I disagreed with you on this particular post. Actually I disagree more with your method than the message. Where do you get "every single post" from?

I don't see what the big deal is. I have never posted any difference of opinion with you in the past so there is no reason for you to think you need my approval for anything.

You may stand by your original statement - blind faith always amazes me -

Don't put words in my mouth. I do not have blind faith. I honestly have a very low expectation of mankind. I hate most people. Actually there are only 3 people I trust outside of my family and I've known 2 of them for over 15 years. That is why I can be so easy going and tolerant of people... I don't expect them to be worth much in the first place. When they are worth much it is good to see but I don't expect it to be the case or the norm. For the most part the people I have met from DRN are top notch and worth a great deal. Still, that is only a small sample of mankind.

I think that if DW means enough to the members they will spend their money with the sponsors without needing to be flamed. It isn't a blind faith. It is just what I think should happen. If they don't do enough to appreciate the sponsors then we will lose some sponsors and DW won't be as big as it could be.

That is just part of life. The sponsors do it for advertising and we thank them b/c we enjoyed the event and realize they are a big part of why it was so great. If some members are too apathetic then that is too bad. I want them to send e-mails, spend money and show appreciation b/c they feel like it and not b/c they are told they should.

However, I don't feel they are too apathetic. My opinion is that the members will buy from the sponsors and that is what the sponsors want. The e-mails may be nice and I wholeheartedly support sending them, however, sales is what the sponsors want and I just hope we have more people buying than anything else.

I will still stand by my original post which is - I sure wish more people would thank the DW 02 sponsors - sorry you have a problem with that.

And that is fine. However, your post was a flame and I was voicing my differing opinion to flaming those that have not sent e-mails. There are a lot of people who spend thousands of dollars with our sponsors b/c they are our sponsors. Many of them don't want to tell anyone about how much they spend with them nor do they want someone else throwing up their activity. Your flame includes them b/c they don't send e-mails. I personally feel that support comes from the pocket book and recommendations for those vendors to be used.

I don't have a problem with your opinion. I never said you were a jerk or shouldn't be posting. I don't know how you could get that. Even reading between the lines I can't see how you could get that.

I would apologize but honestly I don't see how you can get upset by anything I have posted. I have not attacked any of your comments other than to post a differing opinion.

I have a different opinion and I respect yours as I foolishly thought you'd respect mine.

It seems that my following comment upset you originally:
Plus, most people are going to thank them with their checkbook and probably won't bring things up until they buy.

I don't see how. Honestly. It is simply stating that although some people won't send e-mails they will thank the sponsors in their own way, by spending money with them. And, at the time of spending money, they will mention where they heard of the vendor... DRN. No need to flame people if your intention was a reminder.

I agree with your intention but not your method. Is that really all that bad? Is it worth throwing around remarks about me having a problem with you or every single one of your posts?

Ivan

Top Bottom