Dirtweek '02 Sponsors

B

biglou

Ivan-I got a thank you for my thank you from Jeff and he said "See you there." Hmmmm, I wonder if he's gonna make it? That would be very cool.

And to open this thing back up, I took Eddie's original post in this thread as a very tongue-in-cheek way of flaming to get the point out there. It looks like several folks wouldn't have thought about it without this little nudge. Heck, that's what got me writing thank you notes last year-AJ's post in the DW forum. :)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I have already received a few thank you replys from the sponsors for thanking them for their support.

A thank you goes a long way in my opinion.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
TTRGUY... IVAN.... KNOCK IT OFF!!! Good grief the testerone is thick in here. I agree with Ivan on the issue that attacking someone on a personal level for an opinion they have a right to is lame. TTRGUY, we all understand that you were just being enthusiastic about getting support to the sponsors, but chill just a smidge. It a bummer, and true, about the sponsors not hearing the good feedback, but that's human nature. People never really stop to think about giving good feedback. It's only the bad that most will spend their energy on. Just like in life... when things are running smoothly how often do you stop and say *life is good.* One or two things go wrong and you're complaining that life sucks. I guess being the positive person I am I can't understand how people can go through life like that. Ok so bottom line of this ramble... if you can find it in your hearts to take a second and send the sponsors an email thanking them, that would be awesome. :cool:

BTW... I got response emails from everyone that I sent good mojo to. They all expressed a slight disappointment that I couldn't attend the event, but in return they thanked me up and down for the feeback.

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by dirty~d~
BTW... I got response emails from everyone that I sent good mojo to. They all expressed a slight disappointment that I couldn't attend the event, but in return they thanked me up and down for the feeback. [/B]
Kinda like this one:

Tony, Thanks for taking the time to say Hello! We are very proud to be involved with this event . I only hope that we can be a bigger help in the future. Performance Factory is a new company, So we are limited to the amount of help we can give. But hopefully by next years event we will have grown and will be able to up the amount of support .

Thanks again,

Scotty Hanes
----------------------------------------------------------------------
or maybe this one:

Thanks Tony for your response.
Hope to see out in Cooperland!

Mike (Zoomer)

Michael Zimmerman
Product Trainer
Briggs & Stratton Corporation
zimmerman.mike@basco.com

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
dirty~d~
They have......At any rate I have heard back from everyone on Lou's list. Even if I can't make it to DW02 I can always look foreward to '03 .......I support our sponsors in an indirect way......By buying their products and more directly will buy them in person when I get the chance. I look foreward to do it in person.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by Truespode

Ummm... we already did.

Ivan

Yeh I see that now. So sue me that I don't pay attention to dates on the posts. :moon: My bad. :confused:

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sued Girl!!!!!!!!! LOL......Make all accounts payable...To ......ME!!!!!!!!!!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Luv ya like a sis but you just messed up!!!!!!!
Luv to all!
Happy Trails,
Phillip

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by dirty~d~

Yeh I see that now. So sue me that I don't pay attention to dates on the posts. :moon: My bad. :confused:

LOL!! No biggee. I was laughing when I made my post about it :)

My final statement on this since it got brought back to the top.

Thanks to everyone who has sent e-mails. I hope you go the extra step and remember them when you make a purchase. I have found all the sponsors I have dealt with to have great customer service, pricing and great products.

My only thought is that I feel you guys would be sending e-mails as a result of the posts in the other forums and didn't need to be flamed to do so. However, judging by the responses that the sponsors have received since this disagreement got started I guess I was wrong.

I don't mind being wrong in a situation like this. I am very, very happy the sponsors are getting their DUE recognition and again I hope you show your appreciation with the checkbook as well.

Ivan

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Sued Girl!!!!!!!!! LOL......Make all accounts payable...To ......ME!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, do you take Visa? It's platinum! ;) :) Oh, wait I have stuff on order for the bike... I'll have to pay ya later. So sorry. :moon: :cool:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Ivan - I guess I should have said that "I didn't care to argue over it any more". Trust me I very much care whether the sponsors feel their investment was justified and return next year. Dirty~d~ - your post was EXACTLY the reason I made this post in the flame forum so I guess you definitely see my point and reasoning. I don't think I personally attacked Ivan - If it appeared that way then I am sorry. BTW I too have the right to an opinion.
If you can't get riled up about sponsorship for something you love then you're probably one of the people Dirty~d~ described.

Top Bottom