Run both Team and Individual Hare Scrambles?

• Yes, gotta have both. With the understanding that I will pay Mully three beers for everytime I roost

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Team Only! With the same one beer penalty for roosting Mully at the scoring barrel. Unless I am a fe

Votes: 25 48.1%

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Typically, we run the DW Hare Scrambles as a Team Event... last year we added the Individual HS event. With the thought in mind of the schedule getting pretty packed... the question is; do we do the Individual again? Should we use that time for a new "creative" event?

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I voted team only. Since we are trying to get riders of all levels of experience to ride (many for the first time in the woods, where god rides by the way) we want it to be a fun event yet competitive. An "A" rider with a beginner would be the ideal team in this event and help promote camaraderie.

Mully

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I voted Team Only. I'm a hard core off road racer, but I only need one of those events. I'm not there to race...much. :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I voted for both as both were real fun. That course was great, any excuse to ride it was good for me.

I must admit that I enjoyed the team event more. Having the individual HS on the same day was REAL hard.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I liked having both. I didn't race the individual since my arms and back were still killing me, but I really enjoyed spectating the individual race. I like moto, but getting to watch some offroad racing mixed with the moto was the best of both worlds for me.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I liked the team event, but maybe the teams could be drawn like the tag team MX race was... out of a hat. Maybe have advanced/int in one hat, and beg/novice in another and pair them up by using one name from each hat.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I liked Jenny's idea.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Only thing i see with not having both is the really fast guys were cranking it pretty seriously in the individual event but seemed to be alot mellower durning the team event due to the "beginner/slower" riders in it. If you only had the team event i see them running hard like during the individual race and lossing the "for fun" factor of the team event. Just my thought.

I say both so the serious woods racers can have their competitive race too.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I aint going in the woods with nobody I don't know :ohmy:
I did both events last year and had a blast, never done that type of racing before DW.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Okiewan said:
The competitive types can have their competitive races every weekend of the year....

I agree but alot of them dont remember that once the flag drops. I did the team HS and video taped the individual HS last year. I'd be lucky to finish the individual one let alone do both in the same day.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
blackhawk468 said:
I liked the team event, but maybe the teams could be drawn like the tag team MX race was... out of a hat. Maybe have advanced/int in one hat, and beg/novice in another and pair them up by using one name from each hat.

I like this idea too. There is always talk of pairing the faster riders with slower ones for the event, but then everyone picks their own partner and the deck is pretty stacked. I know it's all for fun, but wouldn't it be more fun to see a more level playing field? :cool:

I am in much better shape this year... by then I am thinking I could race both.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
blackhawk468 said:

Now that is a great idea. !!!

Mully

ps, Hey Jen?? How about a unicycle race ??

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
blackhawk468 said:

Good idea Jen - not only does that even the playing field some as far as skill, it is also an awesome way to get to know someone new. I know I heard a lot of positive feedback on the Tag Team MX at DW01 and DW03 from people getting the chance to meet people. I bet everyone who participated in 01 or 03 can remember at least one person from their team...

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Yah that is what I liked about the Tag Team MX, I got to meet and hang out with people I normally wouldn't have participated with b/c I didn't know them.

Unicycle race, no way. My knees would kill me if I did something like that to them.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Jen,

You were the one who brought the unicycle last year weren't you ?? Or am I thinking of someone else ??

Mully

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
blackhawk468 said:
yah that was me... the unicycle is hard on my knees.
That's not the only thing it's hard on, I tried to ride it. :moon:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I voted for both. A broken collarbone prevented me from riding both events last year, but I would do it this year. Maybe a different day??
Team event....in the past I have picked my team mate, but I have been told that he can not make it this year. I thinking drawing a partner is fair and would reduce the amount of smack talk BEFORE the event. Right Bundy??

Top Bottom