fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
As most of you know Tom Dunn has been the D14 enduro chairman for many years. When he took over, the series was struggling with attendance and we had more events in Indiana than we did in Michigan.

He worked very hard to encourage clubs/groups to schedule enduros in new areas and invited old enduro clubs to get back on the schedule again. In addition to attending their club meetings to discuss enduros, he also would volunteer to assist the club with layout, marking and mileaging of the event. In fact he was still working on these efforts on Saturday as discussions were started with the club in Greenville, Ohio about adding them to the D14 schedule.

Do not worry.....he is NOT "done for". :)

He will continue these promoting efforts as the director of Michigan Off Road Events (MORE). The Fairview event this year will be sanctioned by MORE. He would also like to add a hare scramble event to the schedule in the future and has talked about resurrecting the Tree Topper event in the Kalkasa area.

More importantly, he will continue his political work in Lansing and with the AMA to maintain our off road riding opporunities. I am amazed at what his efforts have already accomplished and the enhancements he is working on for future years.

You will continue to see him at the enduros. Same as last year, he and I will be leading the FES Scoring Team efforts. We will also make these services available to the district events. Who knows? You may even see Dunn and Maurer with a scorecard on our bikes in 2012.

Tom, THANK YOU for all that you have done to resurrect the D14 enduro series. I know your plate will still be FULL, but at least it will not be overflowing n 2012.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
What he said.....and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming the AMA D 14 VP!! I'm certain that the team of Kidner & Dunn leading the way will be a great thing for all two wheeled enthusiasts here in the mitten state...especially the off road folks. I wish you both the very best in a long-term run at those elected positions. Lord knows some consistency at the top would be beneficial to all.

Great job....and THANK YOU!!

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Very well said Mike! Couldn't agree more and I look forward to helping and working with you guys next year too! Job well done Tom.................see you at the banquet! You have a couple drinks on me!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
:cool: Thanks Tommy! Well said Mr Maurer.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Very nice write-up Mike.

The sport of enduros certainly owes much to the tireless and selfless efforts of Tom over these past several years. THANK YOU!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Yam7M said:
What he said.....and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming the AMA D 14 VP!! I'm certain that the team of Kidner & Dunn leading the way will be a great thing for all two wheeled enthusiasts here in the mitten state...especially the off road folks. I wish you both the very best in a long-term run at those elected positions. Lord knows some consistency at the top would be beneficial to all.

Great job....and THANK YOU!!

I agree with Yam7M - well said Mark!!

I do hope with two "woodies" at the helm the MX side will still get attention. I am hoping to see you at a MX event in 2012

All woods riders should ride some MX and all MX riders should ride some woods.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
09oneL said:
All woods riders should ride some MX and all MX riders should ride some woods.

I agree with this statement although I won't "Enter" an MX race, I enjoy some practice rides.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think Brian and Tom have done an excellent job of reaching out to all of the divisions in D14. I know they have attended a number of the banquets - including plans to attend the MX banquet. After the sanctioning meeting, Eric Havens was talking to Brian, Tom, Neal, and others in a more relaxed atmosphere.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
I would like to thank everyone for thier kind words of support.
I'm not leaving and have all sorts of things still in process and coming at you.

It for the most part has been a pleasureable ride.

The End.....No just another beginning! :nod:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
fatherandson said:
I think Brian and Tom have done an excellent job of reaching out to all of the divisions in D14. I know they have attended a number of the banquets - including plans to attend the MX banquet. After the sanctioning meeting, Eric Havens was talking to Brian, Tom, Neal, and others in a more relaxed atmosphere.

My comment about 2 woodies at the helm was a bit out of line. I REALLY do and have for some time have a ton of respect for both of these guys and I know they will do a great job for all of D14 venues. Plus I am pretty sure they both know real bikes don't have horns and crap mounted to them. HONK :nener:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
No offense taken, can't get mad at an old mx'er :nener:
Anyway I have it on good authority that most the time we don't need "clown horns" anymore!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom