Dirtymotonut here for the first time!WoooooHOOOOOOOOOO

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Hey all!! Just letting you know I am joining the group for the first time and am so excited to find this site! I am going to be 43 here in a bit and have had about 22 hours of riding dirt bikes and am eating,sleeping and daydreaming dirt biking! I took out my friend KTM550 yesterday and did my first jump! He later told me that it was a bike for suicide if you never rode before and I just assumed that most bikes were the same and rode like a baby pro!
Whilst I was doing my diddy my 17 year old with just 10 hours took off and jumped a 30 foot table top to the end! He had some serious air happening!! We were told by our friends who have rode for many years that we are naturals so I guess I am living a great life! BTW I have had several good crashes and brusies but still want to get down and dirty! The first crash was a bridge in a mountain with a 6 foot drop off into a water fall and you can guess I went flipping down and landed quite roughly! But I am still cranked to keep going! So even over 40 life can be fun!
I would love to chat with other younger 40's and see how they like this sport! Thanks for reading...hope your eye balls are still working! LOL

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
XRpredator said:
welcome to the pleasure dome
That sounds so wrong. :yikes:

Don't mind Pred, he's harmless. Usually.

Welcome aboard! I sure hope to be riding well into my 40s. :cool:

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Thank you guys! I hope to ride well into my 70's! True story here...at a restraunt for breakfast there was 3 harleys with 3 big dudes inside and while eating a friend of mine saw a side car harley drive up and a old lady got out went to the side car grabbed her walker and hobbled into the restraunt. He asked her her age and she said 80! I want that kind of spunk if you know what i mean...got to figure out how to add a walker to my dirt bike! LOL

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Welcome to DRN.

Don't mean to rain on your parade but, you may want to take it easy on the jumps until you get a little more time under your belt. Start out slow and low. Keep the jumps low until you learn to control the bike in the air. When a jump goes wrong it usually goes terribly wrong. :yikes: You have to learn how to correct the angle of your bike in the air. This is done by doing it over and over at low heights until you can move the bike around in the air. Don't wait until you are 20 feet in the air and realize something has gone wrong. You may need that walker sooner than you think. :nod:

Have fun and enjoy the sport but do it sensibly.

Damn fourty year old kids. :ohmy: Jeeze! What's wrong with kids today??? ;)

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
By the way, once you do get comfortable to do bigger jumps, front brake to push the front end down, and throttle to bring it up.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
jackflack44 said:
front brake to push the front end down,

REAR brake to push the front end down..

Last edited by a moderator:

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
sorry its early in the morning lol ty for fixing my mistake :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Ol'89r said:
Damn fourty year old kids. :ohmy: Jeeze! What's wrong with kids today??? ;)

Ain't it a fact.

Welcome to DRN!

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for the advice...unfortunatly my son won't listen but me being the oldest in the family I tend to be semi cautious. The bridge really hurt but was great showing the war wounds as many girls cry over a burn from a curling iron so I impressed allot of them! LOLThe great thing is that the pictures here in the website inspire and make me dream one day of the power jump over a large hill! I will post pics one day of my great dirt bike adventure! Anyone near Walla Walla in this forum I would love to meet to ride with and can hang with the boys usually just a few minutes behind so no problems there if you are a expert.You all are AWESOME here!!! Thanks for the replies keep em coming....

Top Bottom