glocktrainer

Mar 15, 2003
I had a '90 KDX 200 and really liked it. I'm a woods rider but I sold my bike after my friends quit riding, but I am missing it too much.

I like the KDX 'cause it had a short seat height. I'm smaller at 5'7 175lbs. I never had big problem with wanting too much more power - except occassionally when I'd race in a straight stretch w/ guys with bigger bikes.

So, I would like more power - but not at the expense of giving up too much manageability of the lighter-shorter KDX

I was thinking about another KDX (220) or KTM EXC 250.

Anyone got any suggestions to help me out.

Matt

glocktrainer

Mar 15, 2003
kdx

someone told me that after 93 or 94 the KDX no longer had those low seat heigths and were about as high as the other bikes? Anybody know if that's true?

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
I have an '03 KDX200 and I am 5'8" and 180. I can sit with the balls of my feet on the ground. I sat on a friend's KTM250 the other day and I could barely touch both feet at the same time. It was at least a couple inches taller. I don't know about other bikes but you can lower a KDX by installing longer Dog Bones and moving the forks up in the clamps a little.

trailrider1

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 24, 2003
The seat heights are about the same between a current KDX & a KTM (I have a KTM 250 EXC & my friend has a KDX220). The KDX is easier to ride, and more torquey down low, which is good for navigating technical/nasty terrain. The KTM is more of a race bike, and is like a toned-down MX bike in comparison. Both are good bikes, but they have different strengths.

Unless you're looking for an even more aggressive ride, stay away from the KTM 200 - it's hyper-active, and a LOT different from a KDX. Super fun too :)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I rode a KTM 400 MXC this weekend, and it may be the perfect all-around bike. Plenty of stuff down low, spools up quickly (like a 2 stroke), great suspension. Great bike.

Top Bottom