brentl

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 19, 2002
I'm ready for an 05 !

Is thenew RM really as killer as they (mags) say?

Maybe I'll get a teeny more help from my local KTM dealer.
Will the KTM corner? Can it be made to handle without blowing a fortune?

I'm a die hard MXer only . 46 years old but in good shape 170# ....(well for my age I'm the best I can be) workout do cardio etc.

Currently have an 01 RM250.

Just want a bike I can hammer 2X per week for a year and then get a new one.
My wife says now I can sell and get a new bike every year so even tho I can do any repair ,I just don't want more hassle than a piston swap or clutch job.

Comments gentlemen?

Thanks in advance

ganster86cr250

Mod Ban
Dec 1, 2004
Go KTM, you won't regret it. I ride a 125sx and love it[i'm on my room-mates screen name] Hydro-clutch and super light weight, throw couple hundred in suspension and its better then any RM250.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
I'd go with the RM........KTM has the best motor, but RM is better everywhere else as far as performance goes...

Overall, I'd go with the RM because of the handling and suspension issues associated with the KTM......Now, if you want to go outside those two I'd go with the 05 KX250 over both of those...From the tests I've seen the KX has a better motor than the RM.....It's close but green is looking good this year.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Buy the one w/ the best dealer support. As far as the rags saying KTM's don't turn, for the local level rider its a total crock. Pro level riders may be able to tax the rear suspension to where the bike may do some odd things, but that is most any bike. The big 4 has to keep selling bikes and the old "KTM doesn't turn" myth is about the last grasp they have. Hell even two years ago MXA was claiming KTM finally had the linkless concept figured out.

For local racing and riding, the KTM will do fine, especially if you have a great dealer.

BTW, the 05 KTM handles just as superbly as my 02 CR as far as turning prowess...

tyler47

Nov 29, 2004
What

what are you guys talking about...havnt you heard of the new aluminum frame yz250. it lost like 8 pounds or something and has a beast motor...just what i read

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom