Do You Drive a FORD ?? Read This........

KTMrad

Mar 20, 2001
Ford has been donating millions to Audobon Society and other green groups, and here is interesting info about how people are OPPOSING FORD, there is a new story in the Oregonian about the backlash they are receiveing...
From www.Pirate4x4.com

http://www.pirate4x4.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000061

--------------------
Let's encourage them to contribute abd support organizations like "Tread Lightly" and "Blue Ribbon Coalition". Write Ford a letter and let them know what you think!

I sent them an e-mail a couple of months ago, and got a BS response !! I will tell them I won't buy another Ford again !!

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Big deal. We've discussed this already. GM has also donated an equivalent amount of money to environmental organizations that oppose off-road vehicle use of land. You can rest assured that EVERY other major vehicle manufacturer makes similar contributions. In my opinion, there's little that we can do. However, perhaps we could purchase products that also support BRC and other off-road organizations. Also....at least Chevy supports a factory team. My next truck may be a GMC or Chevy. However, I won't necessarily choose not to buy a Ford merely because they donate cash to the Audobon Society.

KLX Spode

Feb 29, 2000
Last I saw, GM contributed over TWICE the amount Ford did worldwide! This is corporate politics, nothing more. They have to apease us and the lefties that buy, also. I have no vested interest in either companies, but I do own their vehicles and these things go along with the business climate in the corporate world. BTW, both GM and Ford probably spend 10-20 times the ammount they contribute to these orgs in the support for motorsports, off-road and on-road.
BTW, CRG:
First
On
Race
Day

;)
I think that our time is and effort is better spent on issues directly effesting our land issues than bickering over corporate politics!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Corporate politics, exactly. Take solace in the fact that Ford also PRODUCES those gas guzzling SUVs and trucks that the greenies hate so much. I really like Ford products and will continue to buy their trucks and cars.

KTMrad

Mar 20, 2001
Good points on the corporate politics. I just wish we could convince them to donate just a few thousand dollars to org's like the Blue Ribbon Coalition and CORVA, to help offset the legal fees in fighting our battles !! I wonder if we all wrote them, saying just that, if they would even consider it.....I doubt it.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Maybe Ii can get my dad to sell are ford truck. In fact it's broke rite now (drive shaft and need new rear end). Ive missed 5 prime times to go riding :scream: !! Im thinking i want a chevy ! The have a prototype truck with the kawies. It has one in bed support for to bikes, it has the kawie decals it sweet!

Top Bottom