BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The following is a letter that I sent to Ford Motor Company concerning their contributions to the National Audubon Society. This letter was sent as a response to a post on DRN in October.

Sandra E. Ulsh,

I understand that Ford Motor Company has been financially supporting the Audubon Society and other anti-recreation-access groups. I, and my family, are outdoor recreation enthusiasts who strongly disagree with the Audubon Society’s public land lock up agenda. Why is Ford Motor Company supporting groups who advocate closing public lands that are being used by your customers. I encourage Ford Motor Company to consider financial support for recreation advocacy groups such as the BlueRibbon Coalition.

I have purchased three new Ford vehicles since 1985. My family has probably purchased 10 in the last 10 years. Currently, I own 3 Ford trucks and a Ford tractor. Each of my vehicles has 150,000 + miles and will be slated for replacement. If Ford wishes to retain my loyalty, Ford Motor Company should look hard at the extremist organizations that promote closing OUR, yours and mine, public land. Please make a public effort to change my mind and the many offroad enthusiest's minds before we sell every last Ford we own.

Sincerely,
BSWIFT

Here is her response.

Dear Mr. Swift:

Thank you for your comments about Ford Motor Company Fund's grant to the National Audubon Society. We appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, and helping raise our awareness of different points of view.

First, I want to clarify that our grants in the environmental area concentrate on educational initiatives. Our intent with the National Audubon Society grant was meant in this spirit, and it was limited to environmental education and bird monitoring programs, however, we understand your concerns.

Ford Fund is the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company. Education is Ford Fund's top priority, and our environmental grants are only a small part of our overall giving. The Fund supports non-profit organizations in five priority areas – education; environment; public policy, health and welfare; civic affairs and community development, and arts and humanities.

Ford Motor Company values its customers, and we appreciate your loyalty. Your comments have raised our awareness, and are helpful as we evaluate future contributions.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Sandra E. Ulsh
fordfund@ford.com

Let your opinion be heard.

Top Bottom