Does Anybody ride snowmobiles during the winter?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by yzeater
I'm 16 now, so on our ski trip I'll be able to ride a snowmobile alone! How similar are they to bikes? Any tricks for riding well / not crashing?

Just remember that they will go VERY fast and you have to have room to slow them down. They are also heavy so don't try to do any back flips right away! :scream:

Kevin

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Does Anybody ride snowmobiles during the winter?
er, that's the only time I ride 'em. But that's just me . . . ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
er, that's the only time I ride 'em. But that's just me . . .

Don't tell me, you don't have enough grass where you are to do grassmobile drag racing.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Yeah, but that's when I'm riding dirt bikes. :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey you guys check out my article on snowmobiles and boondocking published in a local weekly--it should come out on Thursday, 11/14.

www.thelocalplanet.com

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Yeah, but that's when I'm riding dirt bikes.

Ahhhh, I see. Yes, we are quite goofy enough to spend an occasional summer afternoon in the pasture melting our guides to our tracks, just to see who can go the fastest in a straight line. Kinda silly isn't it? :) :yeehaw: Boredom is a real common thing here in Iowa.

jdrucker

Oct 4, 2002
Basically just keep on riding. There is not much of a winter in So-Cal so just find the area thats getting no rain and head out. Either that or snowboard as much as possible as snow is a rare commodity that must be taken advantage of. :yeehaw:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
fc, the main area I ride in Iowa is a winding river, which always has stretches of open water. I don't recall any organized races, though.

I love to snowmobile, but I must say that I like dirt bikers better as a group! Much of the snowmobiling around here is a big ego trip, spend mega bucks just to have bragging rights with the fastest sled...I don't get it! I've seen two guys that were friends start the season with a new sled, take turns trading up until they had the biggest one, then spend thousands on aftermarket stuff just to go .003% faster than the other guy.

The dirt bike thing seems more rider, and skill oriented, with less sitting in the bar bragging about who has the bigger thumb.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Dirt bikes are better! Plus, I really don't think that sitting in the bar after every loop would be condusive to safe riding :eek:

Funny you should mention the "mines bigger" theme in sledding. My buddy had just bought a new sled, so I went out and bought one identical. It drove hime nuts that his wasn't the biggest baddest sled in the group, so he had to go out and stud his track and do some engine mods, so his would be the best. His engine went grenadeola about two hours into break-in and he missed one of the few good snows we had last year, and a trip to Wisconsin. :yeehaw: :) That'll teach him!!!!

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Yeah I love sonwmobiles. My cousin had one it was one made for trail, BUT It was bored to 750CC and ported. That thing would fly the spedo stoped at 85Mph but the throttel didn't lol, so I have no idea has fast it actually went. I wish he still had it. Ill tell u the short version of why he dosen't any more. (true story!)We were out ridding it one day about 10 miles from his house and we had rode it to where we were. Well some times it wouldent start and u had to take the carb apart and mess with the lil lether strap inside of it, and of course this is what had to happen that far away from his house. So we pushed it but it was late and we were tired so we pused it over the sonw bank into the woods thinking no one would see it and we would get it with his dads truck the next day. Well sometime in the afternoon he calls me hes like we put it at the corner rite, Im like yeah why, Hes like well . . . I got the truck and drove over to where is was and well it wasent. There was a pause for a lil' then some laughfter by him with a reply of "good thing I only paid $100 for it off my friend." LOL but damn that thing was a blast for the 2 years that he had it! :confused:

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
Originally posted by Shift-MX
Ya, the RX-1 are selling like crazy this year (In Kelown BC, Canada that is) I think the shop i work at has sold AT LEAST 6-7 of em.
Wow 6-7 of them.. My dads shop has sold at least 50 REVS already and still has 100 left. amazing it hasn't even sbnowed yet

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
We are talking about the RX-1 in another thread too . . . I don't know anyone who is very excited about them around here. Too heavy, they all say. Who knows what it will actually do out there so we'll see.

Now the Rev is what I want to get! I think those things are sweet.

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
The REV is AWESOME! we have 440 liquid that is a BAD sled! I can't wait for winter to ride one. My dad already has ridden them so has one of our salesmen

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
440, I thought they were 800s? Hm, will have to look more. The seating position is what I like about them. I was never comfortable on a sled but I haven't ridden that much either.

JustRide, it's in the general forum, the thread is titled Mr. Bush is on Our Side.

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
Im guessing your dads shope is in a BIG town...and a big shope. The one i work at isnt in a very big town...

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
Actually our town is tiny. If u blink you'll miss it. Our shop on the other hand is a 26 employee 12 acre facility

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…