250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
So, does anybody here have one of those crazy looking snowbike things? I've seen them at the dealerships, big 450's with a track and ski. They look like a lot of fun. But they are so tall... I don't know how the heck anybdoy under 6ft tall could possibly start one.

And how many of you snowmobile in the winter? And what kind of sled do you ride?
My Dad has a Polaris xlt600 (had it since it was brand new) that I have been attempting to ride this year. I have come to the conclusion that sleds are evil and do not steer. I lean and yank one way, and the sled just keeps going straight downhill. When I turn to the right, the throttle lever is so far away from the bar that I have to put my hand over the bar and pull it with my index and middle finger. I do not like this. Dad and his huge hands.... its all set up for him. Maybe I will tackle this next year, after I work out haha.I think for now I will just have to stick with the dirt bikes.

So lets hear about your winter ride and stories!

Feb 26, 2006
I ride a '03 Arctic Cat 900 and I love riding the deep snow. When I first started snowmobilling I hated it too. I always got stuck and couldn't turn it, and I am a pretty big dude. But I learned that it does't matter how big you are, it just takes a while to get the feel of the sled. Just keep trying and don't beat yourself up if you get stuck, thats just howone learns. As for the snowbikes, I can say that they are way harder to ride than you think. They are alright if you stay on packed snow, but if you get into some power or wreck they are next to impossible to get going again. One of my buddies had to leave his overnight and come back with a huge sheet of plywood and a snowmobile after he dumped it over in a field.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
yea, i sled to. i have a 98 ski mach 1. my dad has the ski doo mxz rev sport 800 h.o. my little brother rides an 06 mxz 380. my mom had a polaris, it was a really nice sled. idk that sounds weird. when you try to stear if it keeps going straight he might need new runners "skegs" on the bottom if his skis. i had problems picking mine up and turning it around at first. now im bigger its fine. i dont have the push button reverse like other sleds we have. we ride in maine. its cool being in the trails after a fresh snow and all the trees are all white.
i still think getting covered with mud is cooler.

-mike.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I've never owned a sled but I have ridden a few. I always hung way off to the inside and tried to pull the sled over to get it to turn. If you sit in the middle and turn the bars they really don't turn well. And don't stop moving. Usually if you get stuck it's trying to get going.

chillywilly

Jul 12, 2008
I ride a 04 ski-doo rev 600 gade. Usually get on 500-800 miles a season. What is a weird fealing is carving a turn in deep powder and turning left, but stearing right.

Top Bottom