Dont know what kind of 250f to get. Can u help?

mike7794

Feb 27, 2007
I am looking for a 250f but i dont know what one is better. I thought about getting a ktm but then i thought they might be to over priced. Then i thought about getting a yz250f. but i didnt know what to do. Also i have a question about red sticker and green sticker. I have been looking at the 250f's and i wanted to know if there is any green sticker 250f's. If u get a spark arrestor then can u get a green sticker for it?

thanks

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
mike7794 said:
I am looking for a 250f but i dont know what one is better. I thought about getting a ktm but then i thought they might be to over priced. Then i thought about getting a yz250f. but i didnt know what to do. Also i have a question about red sticker and green sticker. I have been looking at the 250f's and i wanted to know if there is any green sticker 250f's. If u get a spark arrestor then can u get a green sticker for it?

thanks

if you currently own a TTR125LE, a 250F is not the bike for you, no matter what brand. fill out the form at the top of this sub-forum that Okie has provided titled under "Announcement".

Last edited:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
why wouldn't it be?

i've seen people jump from 80's to 250's, and one guy an 80 to a 500.

dude, don't listen to kawicam. you know you want a 250f, you've probably thought about it already, so just get the dang thing.

there are many reviews on sites like dirtrider.com, transworld motocross and racerxill.com, with 250f shootouts and full write ups by the people who rode them. it'll probably influence your decision a great ammount.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Moose said:
why wouldn't it be?

dude, don't listen to kawicam. you know you want a 250f, you've probably thought about it already, so just get the dang thing.

there are many reviews on sites like dirtrider.com, transworld motocross and racerxill.com, with 250f shootouts and full write ups by the people who rode them. it'll probably influence your decision a great ammount.

you said 80's to 250's, that not near as big of a jump as it would be from a TTR125, theyre barely faster than 50's. if you want a 250F, then get one, i was just trying to make that you know what youre doing.

mike7794

Feb 27, 2007
Moose said:
why wouldn't it be?

thanks for the addvice i have made my mind and it is going to be a 250 so nobody is going to change my mind i know i can handle one and lots of people say i cant. but what is the best 250f for me? also can u get a green sticker for them?

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
mike7794 said:
thanks for the addvice i have made my mind and it is going to be a 250 so nobody is going to change my mind i know i can handle one and lots of people say i cant. but what is the best 250f for me? also can u get a green sticker for them?

thats fine, but i just peeked at your profile, your not even 13 yet. fill out the form at the top of this sub-forum that Okie has provided titled under "Announcement". this will help us all form a better and more accurate opinion.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
kawicam250 said:
you said 80's to 250's, that not near as big of a jump as it would be from a TTR125, theyre barely faster than 50's. if you want a 250F, then get one, i was just trying to make that you know what youre doing.
hmmm . . . I plan on my kid going from his TTR125 to one of the 250F's out there, probably a YZF, since he thinks he's a Yamaha guy.

Guess I'd better check with Kawicam first . . .

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
The only way to get a green sticker on a 250f would be to get a 2002 and older. I know it sucks I'm in the same boat as you. When 2015 rolls around I'm going to be riding around on my 2002 YZ 250 still.

mike7794

Feb 27, 2007
Blackcat said:
The only way to get a green sticker on a 250f would be to get a 2002 and older. I know it sucks I'm in the same boat as you. When 2015 rolls around I'm going to be riding around on my 2002 YZ 250 still.

what if u get a sprak arrestor?

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
You need one of those to ride on BLM land nomatter what color sticker you have. But yea you can only ride red sticker on the tracks during the summer months spark arrestor or not.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
XRpredator said:
hmmm . . . I plan on my kid going from his TTR125 to one of the 250F's out there, probably a YZF, since he thinks he's a Yamaha guy.

Guess I'd better check with Kawicam first . . .

you probably should ;) . he( Pred II) has a father who is very in-tune with dirt bikes, you nor i know anything about this kid, and hed have a rough time with a 250F flying solo.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/ohvredgreen.htm

Any of the major manufacturers make good bikes. RC won on Kawasaki's, Honda's and Suzuki's. I have a feeling if he rode a Yamaha, he would win too.

Go to the dealer and sit on a few bikes, pick the one that fits you the best. Pick a color an buy the newest bike in your price rance.

KTM's are great bikes. Quality costs more.

Good luck, Steve.

mike7794

Feb 27, 2007
snb73 said:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/ohvredgreen.htm

Any of the major manufacturers make good bikes. RC won on Kawasaki's, Honda's and Suzuki's. I have a feeling if he rode a Yamaha, he would win too.

Go to the dealer and sit on a few bikes, pick the one that fits you the best. Pick a color an buy the newest bike in your price rance.

KTM's are great bikes. Quality costs more.

Good luck, Steve.

thnx

2strks4evr

Feb 5, 2007
i'm with 2 strokes for life,do you want to ride the bike or work on the bike?have you seen the andvertisment with the drill insrtuctor teaching how to kick.any 250f,you'll probably need to learn.

Top Bottom