Doug Henry hurt at Copper Mtn Supermoto

jfisher304

Nov 15, 1999
This was on supermotojunkies site:
"I hate to be the bearer of extremely bad news but, i am currently at the Copper Mountain Supermoto and today at day 1 of the Supermoto Doug Henry had a VERY SERIOUS crash in the first round of qualifing. Going into the rythm section Doug went tail high off of the first jump, he hit the face of the landing which tossed him in the face of the next jump and his bike followed him and unfortunatly landed right on top of him. This section of the track is a very high speed section so this was not a "get up and walk away" crash. He was rushed to the hospital. I was talking to Troy Lee after his race (Supermoto Lites, we think he got 13th) and he told me that he got a call from the Hospital and Doug broke his femur and collapsed a lung. We are all wishing for the best."

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Big bummer......Hope he heals up quick. :|

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Man, Doug's been through it all. Considering what all he's been through in the past that almost qualifies as a minor injury for him. Hope he heals quickly.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
ROFLMAO! I was thinking the same thing DWreck! "broken femur and a collapsed lung?!?....that's nothing......he'll be back in no time!"

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Maybe at 20...but this crap adds up. Hope he can get through it all. Tough guy..tough recovery coming up.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Prayers out to Doug.

mc916

Aug 14, 2005
Man that sux,I was rooting for him to win the supermoto title this year.I've met him at several national's back in the day,very nice and down to earth guy.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
A femur is serious... I can see him really retiring. He's already had a long, prosperous career, even with some serious setbacks.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Everybody Loves Doug. I hate to see him get hurt. Even if he retires he can still be a presense and be a team manager or something like that.

Top Bottom