zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I think the big jump evened it up more for the dirt guys. Lets use some more of that suspension.
I tivod the race and watched it last nite. IMO, Henrys pass was fair, he took the inside line, CR didnt see him until he was pulling past him on the inside, CR tried to throw an elbow or body english out there but was too late. No contact by Henry hitting in or t-boning. It was actually amazing how Henry railed that pass so tight around that barrier; and if it wasnt there on the 5th lap, CR wouldn't have made it another 35 out front. My hat is off to CR for his performance anyway, did you see his qualifying wreck, that was viscous.

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Why does Reed get a pass for doing something as dangerous as this during a motocross season (especially when he's ranked 3rd in the points). I didn't see it, but if his qualifying crash was viscous, what if it took him out the rest of the MX series? TP would be ridiculed for doing the same thing, but no one bats an eye at Chad doing it. I'm just as much a fan of TP as I am of CR as I am of RC or any other... I was just wondering why the double standard... is it because it is racing instead of aerial maneuvers? Does that matter?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Not to take anything away from DH, but he does have a LOT more seat time than the rest of them...

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
xsnrg said:
Why does Reed get a pass for doing something as dangerous as this during a motocross season (especially when he's ranked 3rd in the points).

IMO, Chad does deserve criticism for getting hurt at a non-MX event during the MX season. I felt the same about Pastrana when he rode for Team Suzuki.

In fariness to Chad, Travis was an easier target as he got hurt several years in a row, often after giving pre-season interviews about how he was 110% committed to SX/MX. Hopefully this is a one time thing for Chad.

I think people are not publicly questioning Chad's participation & injury for a few reasons:

1) We like watching MX stars compete in the X games and don't want them to stop

2) We don't want to be called haters

3) We don't feel like getting a lecture (reminder?) about how the X games are bigger and more important than the nationals.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
xsnrg said:
Why does Reed get a pass for doing something as dangerous as this during a motocross season (especially when he's ranked 3rd in the points). I didn't see it, but if his qualifying crash was viscous, what if it took him out the rest of the MX series? TP would be ridiculed for doing the same thing, but no one bats an eye at Chad doing it. I'm just as much a fan of TP as I am of CR as I am of RC or any other... I was just wondering why the double standard... is it because it is racing instead of aerial maneuvers? Does that matter?

Reed crashed hard at Glen Helen,, messed up the pins in his hand and will be out the rest of the season because of surgery this week, which he would have had to have whether he raced in the X-game or not. Maybe not as soon, but it's not like he was going to beat RC or KDub this year after some of the bad luck.. The chain just falling off was major bad luck.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I agree somewhat with the comparison to TP,but in all fairness to Chad, his season is over anyway. I mean, RC is so far ahead of anyone, and if he injured himself out, then Kdub is ahead as well.... Plus Chad probably wont feel the wraith of the "haters" as much because supermoto is racing where as the "haters" claim "fmx isnt a sport because there are judges"..and that TP doesnt focus on racing, and doesnt it make it thru 2 events without getting hurt.. Not that I agree with that, but just pointing it out from what I have read before on here. What happened to Kdub in the supermoto, his name was on the invite list, did he decide not to go?

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Okiewan said:
Not to take anything away from DH, but he does have a LOT more seat time than the rest of them...

Jeremy and Jeff actually have the most time on supermoto. DH joined the party late in the first season on a private, but well-tuned Yamaha. Astro-physist Dr. Rob Tululie [sp?] had DH up front from his very first race after leaving Polaris but before going to Europe to work in F-1. Doug was competitive immediately but his 'aggressive' style and inexperience cost him wins and in fact the title in his first full season, last year, to a more consistent, but often slower, Jeff Ward. DH has both talant and fun these days and it shows!

Top Bottom