OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Saw a couple of ads in the classifieds in this mornings OKC paper regarding development plans at Lake Stanley Draper that could possibly close it to offroad use. It asked people to show up at a 7:30pm meeting this Thursday at the marina to show support for ORV use. Said something about a city councilman etc. and a link to Okie Dirtriders website. Anyone heard anything about this? I sure would hate to lose the closest place to me for some good riding. I'm planning on going to the meeting. Anyone else?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
There is some new info that I posted on this in the News section and also in the general discussion area. Big meeting at the Draper marina Thursday, April 11 @ 7:30 pm, in which representatives of the city are supposed to attend. Any and all that can attend will be appreciated. Even if you are unable to go, please tell anyone you know that rides Draper to try to make it to this meeting and represent the ORV users. For more information as to the progress, or adding yourself to the contact list, you can call 405 741-2763. We are trying to get as much contact info, etc., from as many people as possible to help in the future. Lorin.

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Lorin:

Say it isn't so! I didn't see the post due to work obligations. How did the meeting go? I'm sure anyone who has ridden there would like an update. I know that as a local this is a real issue with you. I really enjoyed the ride I had there with you and Rick...I just hope it's not the last!

Crusty

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I managed to talk with some of the people involved last night and it appears that the city signed managed to "sneak" the bill through last December without anyone really knowing. The only thing slowing them down at this point is lack of money, as they only have around $2 million available at present and they are wanting closer to $38 million for the complete package. We are supposed to get some riding area over by West Elm, but am not sure as to those details, and the city hasnt been overly forthcoming on their end.

Top Bottom