BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Here's your chance to help STOP the closure of a large riding area. Lake Stanley Draper is on the chopping block. Take a minute and email OCCRA@AOL.com. From the comfort of your office or living room you can help stop the closure of the Draper ORV area. In the time it will take you to read this thead YOU can make a difference. So help out while you can! Don't sit there and say someone else will do it, besides, to me, YOU are someone else. Take a minute and contact OCCRA@AOL.com because "Here's your chance" to make a difference.
Draper ORV area to be restricted or closed!

Your presence (bring the wife and kids) is needed April 11 at 7:30pm at the Lake Draper Marina.

Welcome to our future if we continue to be ruled by apathy. Watts is seeking funds from the federal government to develop the north end of Draper (golf course, small commercial retail area, camp ground, paved roads, etc.). This will mean an end to most or all of our riding.

Councilman Brent Rinehart will be at our next meeting to answer some of our questions and inform of us the city's plans for Draper, when we will see the changes and what it will mean for ORV users.

We have already been informed that the contract to pave roads to four of the fishing points will be awarded April 15 and our area will be reduced as soon as construction begins.

To learn more about this and to show the councilman how many people will be impacted by this, come to the Okie Dirt Rider meeting on Thursday, April 11 at the Lake Draper Marina. The meeting will start at 7:30pm with Mr. Rinehart expected to speak at 8pm.

PLEASE, PLEASE, pass this info to everyone you know. The more supporters that show up, the better our case will be to keep the area open to Quads and bikes. Its easier to stop something in its tracks than it is to undo it after the fact.

For more details goto www.okiedirtriders.com

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Done. I also sent a copy of this to everyone I know in the OKC area (riders or not) and will prod GSR until she fires off an e-mail too. I have seen hundreds of riders out at Draper on typical summer days, I just hope the word gets out to all of them soon. IMHO this really is a crappy area to try to develop and believe that whatever they do will fail within 5 years only to leave a ruined riding area in its wake.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
e-mail done. It's really sad to start losing riding areas, especially for those of us who are more recreational riders than racers. :|

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks guys! The fight is still on. This is not the only fight for access so take a few minutes and help other areas of the country keep public lands open for ORV use. There is an estimated 300 people to attend the meeting Thursday night. Please keep the emails heading to Okie Dirt Riders.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hope to get some more info in the next day or so on the meeting.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There is talk about a rally at City Hall in OKC. Not sure of when. I will pass along info when I get it.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Even though that is where I got hurt----I don't want them to close it to dirt riders!!! I will gladly send the email---I was hoping to go there again next February and conquer to hill that bit me!! Thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom