boy san

Dec 4, 2002
can someone tell me why there's oil dripping from the bottom most forward part of my silencer. i realize that this area is the lowest point at which the oil will run down to, but whay so much oil?
it also looks like there's a little gap between the connection between the pipe and the silencer.
is it that i'm running to rich?
or do i need to re-pack my silencer?
thanks for the help.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Yeah, I have the same problem. When it's bad, I take off the drain tube and poke a stiff wire up into it to unclog it. That helps a lot, but darn it I have to do it every week! I want to just change it. ProCircuit makes a good spark arrestor silencer. Oh, and my bike was jetted too lean until tonight, so that's not the reason.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I'm assuming you have a stock pipe? you can not repack the stock silencer. You might be running rich, but maybe not. Thats my only guess.

boy san

Dec 4, 2002
i have a gnarly pipe and power core II silencer. i havn't changed the packing since i've got the bike (5 rides ago) so i hope that, that's the problem.

NYkdxer

Feb 21, 2003
I've always wondered, why do dirtbikes always have carbon filled, drippy exhaust systems? I have a bunch of snowmobiles and have never had a problem with carbon or drippage. Is it an RPM thing, as sleds are run at between 6000-8500 rpms most of the time? Bikes run high rpm's but shifting is necessary, while sleds keep a somewhat high rpm all the time.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
That much spooge running out of your pipe is NOT normal. Jetting that is too rich usually presents itself as spooge from the exhaust and then later develops into frozen powervalves. Get your jetting corrected.

Before you start adjusting your jetting, repack the silencer and clean out the pipe. For what it’s worth, I never see spooge running out of my pipe or silencer.

boy san

Dec 4, 2002
thanks for the advice. i also havn't cleaned my air filter for a while. so i'll try cleaning and re-packing, and i think it might stop the spooge.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It may or may not. These bike are jetted very rich from the factory. If you are running original jetting, chances are it needs to be changed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom