JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
In our prayers Oldtimer, oh and while your riding up there, take it easy over Okies house, he thought you were some kind of sonic blast
:(

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I remember the first time I ever spoke to oldtimer. Offroadr had me on a conference call and there was this guy imitating the sound effects of riding 80 miles of sand whoops on a bike with only 5 inches of suspension. That alone is evidence of his enthusiasm for the sport. Later that year I bought my GasGas from him. He told me it would be the best bike I've ever owned. You were right, oldtimer. Godspeed. :(

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rest in peace Oldtimer.

My condolences to his family.

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
You know, I come to DRN almost daily. And I know most of us are not communicating on face to face level with each other. But come in here often enough and it's inevitable that you'll begin to know other members by when or how they write a post or a reply. I too remember some of Oldtimer's post's. So in a way, it does feel like losing someone I know.

All my best to his family, his friends, and his riding buddies.

Jeff

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
DESTINED TO FLY

An old legend says that God first created birds without wings. Sometime later, God made wings and said to the birds, "Come, take up these burdens and bear them." The birds hesitated at first, but soon obeyed. They tried picking up the wings with their beaks, but found them too heavy. Then they tried picking them up with their claws, but found them too large. Finally, one of the birds managed to get the wings hoisted onto its shoulders where it was finally possible to carry them.

To the amazement of the birds, the wings began to grow and they soon had attached themselves to their bodies. One of the birds began to flap his wings and others followed his example. Before long, one of the birds took off and began to soar in the sky above!

What had once been a heavy burden now became the very thing that enabled the birds to go where they could never go before - and at the same time, truly fulfill the destiny of their creation.

The duties and responsibilities you count as burdens today may be part of God's destiny for your life, the means by which your soul is lifted up and prepared for eternity.

Oldtimer- may you soar over us with your new wings. We will miss your presence but we know you can now ride and ride and never grow tired or weary.

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
My heart to oldtimers family,friends, and anyone that knew him. He like far too many left this world doing what he loved and is one of the best of our sport. To anyone that has lost a loved one or even a favorite racer,at least one of mine has passed every year for the last 5 I believe,my heart goes out to you.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Well, we only get one shot at this thing called life, and I'd like to think by riding we are "making it count" by having as much fun while we are here as possible!

Did he attend dirt week? I may have met him...

Wherever you are, Oldtimer, I hope you are still able to "log on"...you'll never be forgotten as a member of our family!

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
My condolences to all involved.:( Although I have to say, I hope that's the way I go, but I hope it happens at 75, for 45 is far too young!:( :( :(

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
God speed Oldtimer.

Kevin

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom