oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
MXGirl 230's husband Phil went down hard on Sunday and sufferred a fractured femur, fractured wrist, and severe concussion. He underwent surgery to place a rod and some plates on the femur early tis morning and right now despite hurting is doing good.
Please keep Phil and Tracie in your thoughts as you celebrate Thanksgiving this week

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DAng, that sucks bad...

Heal-up Phil, we're thinking about you.
Hang in there Tracie, thinking about you too.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Hope all mends well and quickly! Really sorry to hear.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thank you everyone he appreciates it. He's getting restless now and just want to get off his back. Today he will go to physical therapy. As long as he can do what is required he can go home. They will give him a special walker as it is his left femur and his right arm. His head has cleared up A LOT! He doesn't remember anything from that day really. The last thing he really remembers is sitting around talking to the group he was with (I was at work). He does remember riding a little and riding really good...he doesn't remember the crash or what went wrong.

No one there really saw exactly what happened. He was riding my new 250F and over jumped a step-up. They think the front end dropped like a rock. I have not seen the bike at all. The truck, trailer and bikes are at a friend's house still.

When they got to him his left leg was bent up over his chest and he was out cold. He doesn't remember laying on the ground, the ambulance or being in ER. He finally started making sense yesterday afternoon. :nod:

Phil's helmet is trashed. I guess the mouthpiece part is all blown out, I haven't seen it yet.

Here is a ROUGH sketch of his leg. They ended up with a rod the length of his femur and I think three screws holding his femur together by his knee. The femur was in half and the pieces laying next to each other. The lower half of the femur was fractured in half all the way down into his knee.

155722_458373631007_624426007_6084789_1138990_n.jpg

Phil says Hi and thank you, means a lot to me.
74079_1482857388483_1145294536_31100018_7260836_n-1.jpg

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
OUCH! Hang in there Phil and Tracie. Might be best that Phil doesn't remember the crash, that type of fracture is dangerous. Damaged bikes and helmets are easily replacable but are good friends are not. Take care and give updates often.
Note to self: No MX this weekend, if so, bubble wrap, must have lots of bubble wrap.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Wow, sorry to hear that!

Follow directions, Phil. Putting weight too early on a break that is healing can keep it from healing properly.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am glad you are still with us, broken femurs are no joke. Get the heck out of there! Heal up, and be thankful. Hopefully you can go to the bathroom, by Thursday! I do not suppose Phil is left handed? Vintage Bob

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Ouch, Was that at Rob's track? My kids were heading there with Nick and I heard Phil might go. I almost went myself. Tell Phil the Anderson guys all say Hi and wish him a speedy recovery!

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm starting get around just a little bit today, and my head has cleared considerably. Still a long way to go...

Phil

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
YIKES!!! That's a wicked crash. Hope you're up and around soon Phil.

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
Uchytil said:
Ouch, Was that at Rob's track? My kids were heading there with Nick and I heard Phil might go. I almost went myself. Tell Phil the Anderson guys all say Hi and wish him a speedy recovery!

Yes it was at Rob's track. He doesn't know who all was out there though. By some of the facebook friend requests he knows of a few now.

(This Tracie, forgot to change the user)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dang that looks painful just to see and think about. Heal up!

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
The funny thing is that I originally discovered DRN while laid up from a shattered foot in the fall of '99. Guess I'd better be extra careful when 2021 rolls around.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
First trip out of the room. We took a lap around our 4th floor wing. He did awesome! Nurses and Aids were commenting on how good he did.

154670_459100956007_624426007_6094457_4252051_n.jpg

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I am home for the night, needed to make sure I was good on things here. I have to make sure I can focus on him for the next few days. He did great, before I left he wanted to walk again. A couple of our buddies that were at the track with him walked with us. They were amazed at how well he was shuffling along.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers they are appreciated.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
oldguy said:
Motocrosser to the end wearing his MX t shirt. Glad to see the big improvement that is something to reflect on this Thursday

For sure! My Sis is coming over to make us dinner. We were supposed to go to his Mom's. He won't be able to handle the hour and a half ride there. So we are staying home where he is comfortable.

Surprisingly, my bike isn't too bad at all! The brake lever is completely broke off and there are some scuffs. Looks like he got the most damage :(

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Praying for you, Phil.

Top Bottom