roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
I've reviewed DRN's privacy policy, but it's not entirely clear. Specifically, I'd like to know whether DRN sells or shares its members' email or other contact information with outside marketing/spam companies.

No accusations being made. I've been receiving a ton of solicitation emails lately at the email address that I use here. I use that particular address here and possibly one or two other places at the most.

Maybe Okie or someone could clarify the privacy policy and whether any information is sold to or shared with outside marketing companies? Thanks.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
It's not coming from a list given out here.  Okie has the best "net" virtues that I've seen anywhere.  You are better off spending some time looking into places that you have left your DRN address.... and then there is always the spammers that can pick up on the fact that STM/LTM have @DRN addresses.

I get NO junk mail at my DRN address and more than I can count at my work address.  

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Definitely a legitimate concern, roost, but I'm with Twinnie on this one. I receive absolutely no spam at the addy supplied to DRN.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Hey Roosteater, Okie is very serious about keeping our info private. If you have purchased something through DRN's store, the company that handles the processing of those orders MIGHT be selling your information. Okie would have no control over that. I hope that helps answer your question.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
The question has been answered. Thank you. I didn't think there would be any issues with DRN sharing this information, however, I sought simple clarification. I very well could have asked the question via email to Okie directly, but the topic is relevant to all of us, so I asked it here.

I'm contacting the other places where I've used that address as well.

Thanks again.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DRN has not and will not sell, lend or otherwise allow ANYONE the use of the member database. The "store" does not use the information either. If you have a spam problem, I assure you, it didn't come from here.

The ONLY way an email from DRN can get "farmed" is if you post it in the body of a thread, which is the case with any site. The spammers have bots that look for emails across the entire web by scanning pages for the email format "something@something.something".

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Thanks for the reassurrance Okie. Course most of us wouldn't doubt you ;)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I haven't been getting ANY email at my dirtrider.net addy since the new system went up :(

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Okie....thank you for your timely and straightforward response. (Also...thanks Rich...you know why.)

I hadn't yet subscribed to DRN, although I've been a registered member since 1999. What just transpired and the respectful way in which it was handled by both Rich and Okie inspired me to finally subscribe.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I never get any spam from the 2 email addy I use at DRN. I have a generic email I use for everything else that gets spammed like crazy. Try going to a work from home web site just once and you'll know what I mean.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Okie deserves a pat on the back for his policies. :thumb:

Pat, pat, pat.  (followed by the golf clap!) 

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Is that serious, Brian? Maybe you should have that looked at?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by BSWIFT

Pat, pat, pat.  (followed by the golf clap!) 
You might want to hold off on the patting until you get the golf clap taken care of or it could seriously affect your putter. :)

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Originally posted by VintageDirt
You might want to hold off on the patting until you get the golf clap taken care of or it could seriously affect your putter. :)

Take this advice seriously. I'd listen to whatever "VD" has to say about golf clap.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by roosteater
Take this advice seriously. I'd listen to whatever "VD" has to say about golf clap.

:)

Top Bottom