wr200rider

Jun 21, 2006
Anyone know the laws for converting to a dual sport bike in Washington state. I have had people tell me that Washington is one of the only states the flat out doesn't allow it and have had others tell me there's no problem.

I live in a pretty rural area and it would be cool to be able to cruise around on my '92 wr200, it's pretty quiet so it wouldn't really bother anyone.

so basically if I could get a plate then for about $450 I could have a street bike.

Any info would be apreciated.

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
I live in Washington, and I think you need turn signals, dot approved head lights, side mirrors, battery, plate, dot approved dual sport tires, spark arrestor? Not really sure, but I read about it in a dirt rider magazine.

wr200rider

Jun 21, 2006
yeah but I have been told that they won't inspect them so I can switch the registration from ORV to dual sport. I have tried emailing the DOL/DMV/WSP and they either give me someone else to contact or don't really give me a clear answer. Anyone here know how I can get it registered as a Dual sport.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
From what others have told me it's virtually impossible to make a dirt bike street legal in Washington. It's easier to license a home built chopper than make a dirt bike street legal in the state of Washington.

Steve

Top Bottom