bnt55

Jun 28, 2002
Ready for a dumb question...it will only take one person to answer I am guessing.

Do you have to change the oil on a 2 stroke...I know there is an oil mix with the gas, but what other fluids go in the KDX (oil,tranny fluid,anti freeze??) Sorry about the sheer stupidity of the post but I bet someone else might just learn something tonight..:)

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Yes you should change the transmission fluid. Most people will change it every couple rides.

I change my anti-freeze yearly.

David

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
bnt55;
There are no "dumb" questions here. But, there is a lot of years experience on this site and it has been my experience that the folks here are happy to share. Happy riding
Lew

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
lew,rvguy 2 thumbs up .i say don't b afraid to ask .better than breaking something or worse getting hurt just because u were afraid to ask.ride safe all.
goob

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Don't forget to lube the chain with spray-on chain oil, clean the air filter and re-lube it with air filter oil, and dissasemble and lube the wheel axles and swingarm pivot axle with grease. And once a year you should take apart the engine to clean and re-lube the valves (with engine oil).

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
bnt55 It takes guts to ask what you think is a stupid question -good for you. You'll get a lot of good info here. Just be a little careful and don't blindly believe everything. And be careful with the terminology. 2 strokes engines don't have oil to change -but the transmission oil does need changing. And the valves jaguar was talking about are the power valves, not to be confused with the valves in a four-stroke. Minor points I know, but it's the kind of stuff that leads to misunderstanding.

If you are that new to this, you might not be ready to "tear your engine apart to clean and oil the valves" unless you've got someone to guide you through it. Good luck!

Top Bottom