kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Everts AGAIN did the double, he's making the GP's his own at the moment, and Smets went 2-1. In the 125 Everts lead home the KTM team of Ramon, Eggins and Townley in that order. In MXGP he lead home Smets and Coppins who of all people got the holeshot and then lead a for a little bit - not a full lap - and then within 2 laps he put a 10 second gap on 2nd place. Pichon finished 6th and is now 3rd in points on 188, Everts on 200 and Smets on 190. Smets won the 650 class from Vico and then Thybers(sp), he rides a Husaberg, 1st time in the top 3 for Husaberg this season. Melotte DNF'd after crashing and then the bike broke down. So who thinks Everts can win his 7th title?? or maybe do the double in the one year and make it 8 world titles?? He is the record holder of GP wins of all time now with 63 or 64??

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Please tell me he's coming over here to race a few nationals some day. Hell, he could even pick a reasonable track like Washougal or 'dilla. I just want to see him race. No coverage here. Well, there was some last month, but I missed it.

What's up with Pichon? Giving up? This is somewhat remniscent of a man with no home for next year...could he have told Suzuki to shove it, in typical Pichon fashion? Maybe he's looking for a 4 stroke or American ride.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I just like the fact that Evertts could pull off a double championship, and that both he and Smets now have a better chance of winning the "premier" class than Mike Pigeon. :p

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by nephron
What's up with Pichon?

While I am no Pichon fan, I have noticed that his RM gets pulled hard on the straights by all the 4T riders. This is kinda strange because at the begining of the year he could atleast stay even.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
he's just showing his true colors. When there's someone to compete with him, he backs off.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Maybe Pichon has a bit of doubt in his head and since the last couple of seasons he hasnt really been pushed too hard, no disrespect to Coppins or Reed, but Pichon has been a bit better than them. I saw a bit on the news last night, they showed Coppins crash, looked bloody stupid, bike got away from him out of the whoops. I doubt Everts can do the double, i saw the points board and hes a bit too far back in the 125 class, theres only another 75 points up for grabs and Ramon doesnt need all that much more to get the title, but Everts has won 5 out of 6 125 GP races he has entered in.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL Neph... still brewing over RC getting beat on those "easy tracks" :laugh:
I assume you're putting your money on RC at Millville? That's not another one of those easy tracks is it?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
You bet your ass I am. And yeah, he's gonna win it.

...he's got to now, or I'll be eating crow for the rest of my life.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i watched sweeden and that was cool racing. set your VCR to record speed vision tomorrow afternoon, the belgian GP is on!

maybe they should have given the 4-strokes a 400cc limit both in the US and Europe, i think now the 4-stokes are 2-3 years into full development the difference is starting to show, cobra, reed, dobb have all switched over to the 450f's- it must be hard to get the same sort of power from a 250 2 stroke and keep the power tractable and ridable.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Im wondering if RC will switch if he looses the next national.Im starting to think in the open class the 450 does have a real advantage over a 250.In the 125 class im not so sure.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Maybe d.u.g. will get his wish (no offense doug)--I can see it potentially playing out this way: Look, a bike's got to work with the track, right? You can't ride a Yamaha VMax off a double anymore than you can cruise down the sidestreets comfortably on an RM250.

Maybe some of the conversation is going to start to sound this way: "Yeah, you don't need that triple out of the turn there today anyway (sx track)"...after someone objects to an obstacle that will need to be cleared under tight conditions on a large thumper. Eventually, when all bikes become thumpers (due to design attention), ALL tracks will eventually become thumper tracks. They HAVE to...otherwise, there'd still be a reason to ride a 2 stroke. And the AMA/EPA/MAN can't have that, can they? Nah.

Weird comment, but think about it. I don't mind either way, but at least wait 'til someone designs RC a thumper motor that can make its most torque over 18000rpm. :p

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i remember RC tried a 450 and didnt like it, i doubt he would swap mid season.

i disagree Nephron. a track is a track, same track for everyone. CC's are CC's and HP is HP, no the same for everyone. one bike has more CC's than the other, the same bike has more HP than the other. eg the average 250 is somewhere like 45HP where the 450s are starting around 50HP, not only that, they have superior hook up for that extra power. then figure 4-strokes have only been developed for the last few years as mx bikes and i think they will start making a lot more power soon.

if you took a 250 2 stroke with the same power as a 450, i think the 450 would always get better results since the 250 will have abrupt power and wheelspin loose all the time. just look at the FIM open class, i havent seen any 2 stokes there- when Smets is 20 secs out in front, i would bet that any dude that was riding a cr500 or something would be sat in the hole is back tire had dug on the starting line.

has any body looked at howe the 1000cc 4-strokes have faired in MotoGP the last couple of seasons?????

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
500 two road racing bikes are 6 feet under now days, the MotoGP bikes are just too good for any 500 two smoke. Has anyone read any of the team Suzuki press releases?? The motocross GP's press releases?? They usually mention somewhere in there that Pichon was the first two stroke home on his RM 250..... did he win the race..... yes to be first 2 stroke home but not overall win. The 450's are just that little bit better everywhere lap after lap, and Everts doing the double class is getting better and better, he seems back to his old winning ways.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Suzuki pulled that "first 2 stroke" crap here too, when Albee finished 2nd to Doug Henry (who would have beaten anyone that year on any bike).

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
If there is a bike of the future, it's the 4 stroke; but the rider of the future will be the guy who can ride a 2 stroke at Kenworthy's and a 4 stroke at Unadilla, and win either round. Eventually, 4 strokes will take over, but it's because they have such a huge displacement advantage coupled with the fact that 2 strokes aren't being developed. Make 4 strokes stick to 400cc to 250cc 2 strokes (which, when energy efficiency is considered, is about even) and the playing field will be about level.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
400cc to 250cc 2 strokes (which, when energy efficiency is considered, is about even) and the playing field will be about level.
I don't buy that. I bet if you went back to when the YZ400F/OWH2 first hit the tracks, its displacement varied from 400 to 500cc's. I would even venture a guess that last year every YZ426F and CRF450 was pushing 500cc, while we know the KTM's were right at the 540cc limit. If the 450 was such an unfair advantage, Carmichael and Pigeon would not be in their respective top tens.

Top Bottom