Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I just got a copy of the Dakar DVD and when I tried to play it on my computer it told me that I needed to reset my DVD to Region 2 and it warned me that I could only change it 4 times and them I would have to install a new DVD drive :yikes:

Is this moronic or what :bang:

Can I play this DVD on a regular DVD player or did I just waste 30 Euros?

Dang French, they new they were shipping it to America. :|

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That sucks...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:worship: Marcus, you are the man!

I have yet to run across a question that a fellow DRNer didn't know the answer to.

Now all I have to do is figure out which brand of drive I have in my laptop.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I was really bummed that the 25 year history of Dakar was locked in a DVD and couldn't see it. :pissed:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
other option is to decrypt the dvd and burn it as a region free dvd if you already had the programs and dvd burner.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Treejumper said:
other option is to decrypt the dvd and burn it as a region free dvd if you already had the programs and dvd burner.

That would be even cooler! Where do I search for the software, as I have a burner.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I use DVD Shrink to analyize and backup the dvd (this is where you can change it to region free). This program is free. Then i use CopytoDVD to burn the disc. You can download it and try it afew times which would be enough to get the dvd burned that you want to. ;) I havent tried it but if you have any thing like Nero or Roxio DVD programs. They might beable to do it too instead of buying the CopytoDVD program.

My uncle uses a program he bought that does everything in one step. I've never tried it since what i'm using already works great for me.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thanks for all the great info. I will straighten out the Dakar DVD issue as soon as I wrap up the DirtWeek DVD.

It is kinda fun putting together a movie of all the stills (at least the video). Music is next. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom