BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry folks, due to some unfortunate and untimely surgery, there will not be signs that are referred to in the directions below unless someone else can do them.  BSWIFT  September 5, 2003

If you will be traveling THRU OKC:
Take I-35 north to Highway 51(DW02 signs 1/4 mile before exit).
Go east to Coyle road(another sign). Go south to 80th(another sign) turn east 1.25 miles on dirt road. Cooperland is on the left(another sign).

If you will be traveling THRU Witchita, KS:
Take I-35 south to Highway 51. Follow the above directions.

If you will be traveling THRU Enid on US412:
Turn south on I-35 and follow the above directions.

If you are traveling THRU Tulsa(I-44, US412, State highway 64, US 75):
Take US412 West to Highway 151(Keystone Dam) exit and cross Keystone Dam. Follow Highway 51 west to Mannford, Yale(speed limit is 35MPH STRICTLY ENFORCED), the Stillwater. Continue thru Stillwater traveling west to Coyle Rd(DW02 signs). Turn South to 80th and follow the signs.

If you are traveling the following routes you will need to bring COINS for the turnpike. I-44 from the Texas State line and from the Missouri State line. Muskogee Turnpike from Webbers Falls to Tulsa(US64). US412 from the Arkansas state line to Chotau.
There is quite a bit of road construction in the Tulsa area so be alert and watch your speed.
If you have specific questions about your route, send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP. 

Or go to the Cooperland Raceway website for additional directions.  PM me or email me at swiftT1@hotmail.com and I will give you my phone number and give you some specific additional info to your particular circumstance.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Important note:  If you are traveling on Interstate 35 through Ardmore, OK, expect delays.  14 miles of road construction.

Also, if you are approaching Stillwater from the east on Highway 51, there is also road construction.  Speed limit 45 and 35 mph in places.

I'll update any road construction areas in Oklahoma as I become aware of them.

B

biglou

A quick note-I noticed that there are now blue, rectangular signs on 51 just before the turnoff to Coyle Rd that say "Cooperland Raceway 7 (miles)". I came in from the west, but I was told there is a sign coming from the east as well. There is also a larger sign where you turn left off of Coyle onto 80th (I think) that says "Cooperland Raceway". This one is a billboard type sign. If you can find OK51, you should be able to find Cooperland! :thumb:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I will be traveling from 35 to 51.  How many miles from 35 to Coyle Road and how far from 51 to 80th?  Just need to know when to start looking for the signs.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Sorry I can't be more precise, Mike, but I haven't measured since the roads are familiar. It's around 7-8 miles East from 35 to Coyle (downhill into a lefthander) and about 5-6 south to 80th. If the rain will let up I'll measure from 35 to Coyle this afternoon on my way to the 500. have a good trip!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
We came in last year from IH35 / Coyle rd etc using the Cooperland website directions. I think we must have come in a little different than what Brian is suggesting because the 1.5 miles on a dirt road seemed to be more like 5 or 6 and I was beginning to wonder if I was going the right way. Tony and crew were behimd me and I'm sure they were doubting my navagational skills too. At any rate we made it and didn't get lost.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
We came in last year from IH35 / Coyle rd etc using the Cooperland website directions. I think we must have come in a little different than what Brian is suggesting because the 1.5 miles on a dirt road seemed to be more like 5 or 6 and I was beginning to wonder if I was going the right way. Tony and crew were behimd me and I'm sure they were doubting my navagational skills too. At any rate we made it and didn't get lost.

I WAS wondering why we go off the freeway a LONG time before we should have, but after a scenic trip through the OK countryside, we made it. I tossed the directions out the window after the second turn that Jeff took and from that point on kept the Wallerbego in sight ....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by OKKX'er
(downhill into a lefthander) 

He is speaking of highway 51.  Coyle road will be a right turn(south). 

Top Bottom