whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Ok, I have not been camping in a long long while, I'm just trying to remenmber all the stuff to take.
If you guys have anything to ad, throw it in here.

I've got:
tent (s)
sleeping bags
Coleman stove and white gas
chairs
cooler (s)
beer
food
cook'n & clean'n stuff
clothes
first aid kit
Gear
Bikes are ready
Might get one of those fold out canopy shade things (any recomendations?
Gas for bikes
tools
filters, oils, levers, etc...

Added:
500 denier10 x 10 easy up
moist AW
extra beer
extra ice cooler
lantern
flashlights
Z-rest sleeping pads (might buy some cots)
matches
bug spray
Bio-freeze
camera

Camp Coffee Pot, ... Gomer, you can count on me at your RV door every morning, BIG coffee mug in hand, I’ll bring the coffee.

?
?
?

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
more beer and be sure your cooler hinges are oiled
Depending on room you have in your vehicle there will be plenty of grills and stoves (I'll have each there and available to anyone in need)
If you get a canpopy get an EZUP. they have 2 models the one for $180 is well worth the extra money in structure. I just bought one last week (to replace the one that went to visit the wizard at RedBud) at Sam's Club.
Sunblock

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
As far as a pop-up canopy, i.e. EZ-Up, you can't beat the value of a Caravan Canopy from Costco. $200 gets you:

10' x 10' canopy
500 denier top
3 Walls
Powdercoated steel frame
Sandbags
Carrying bag w/ wheels

Check them out at http://www.caravancanopy.com/tents/classic.cfm

I shopped around quite a bit, and this is a smokin' deal. I called Caravan direct, and they told me to buy it at Costco because they sell about 70,000 of them a year, and sell them just over cost.

Beware of cheap imitations and overpriced canopies like EZ-Up.

As far as sleeping there for a week, I'd get some cots. Galyans has large and very comfortable cots made by SlumberJack. Check 'em out.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Re: EZ-Up at Sam's Club. Just make sure you compare what you're getting, including extras and quality of materials. EZ-Up may have a new model out, but the one at Sam's Club last year had a cheaper/flimsier frame, the denier was only 250, and did not include the walls.

I have yet to put up the walls, so don't really know how they attach. They'll come in handy though when it rains (and it always does while camping!).

Size depends on how big your group is. 10x10 is a great size for 2 bikes, a table, and a couple of chairs. Caravan also sells a 10x15 and 10x20 that I thought about, but am glad I went with the 10x10. The thing weighs about 70lbs, and can be put up by one person (but two makes it really easy). If anything I'd consider getting 2 10x10s for the ease of storage and setup.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
smitdog the $110 model at Sam's is a cheap made model. The $180 one is the 500 denier, 3 walls, stronger frame, sandbags, wheeled carry case, and 2 legs have wheels so you can put up alone. Our last one was 4 years old and was in great shape until it got hit at RedBud by a wind front and it wasn't staked down real solid. We have one other one that is about 6 years old.
I would stay with the 10x10 also.
The walls on the EZUP velcro to the frame and the legs but I have seen where someone had zippers sewn on and I think on this new one I am going that route.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I second the Baby Wipes :thumb:

• Towels/Washcloth
  • Extra Cooler just for ice
  • Lantern/Flashlight
  • Folding Table
  • Matches
  • Ground pad and pillow to go with your sleeping bag
  • Camp Coffee Pot
  • Sore Muscle Ointment / variety of braces / ace bandages
  • Tarantula Spray (or a pitchfork)
  • Camera

Looking forward to meeting you and your family!  Even if you forget anything, someone will have it and everyone is exceptionally generous.  I'm going to be very prepared this year, plan to payback the generosity extented to me last year.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Insect, bear, coyote, etc repellent.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
An air matress is money well spent for anyone that is tent camping :thumb:

A cot is an acceptable alternative to the mattress.  A little less compact/comfortable but real easy to set up.  They do offer some airflow under you as well as the added benefit of being off the ground in the unlikely event of a rain deluge.

Another item that helps with the neatness factor of camping is a tarp and broom.  Set the tarp out in front of your tent.  You will track less dirt into the tent and you can easily sweep the tarp off.  

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
[*]Tarantula Spray (or a pitchfork) 

Are you KIDDING me??  :eek:

I don't mind those little ole spiders we get in the house, and I like to look at the tarantulas in the aquarium at the PET SHOP.  But am I gonna have to empty out my shoes and boots every morning looking for scorpions and tarantulas?!!

I don't think our local Wal-Mart has tarantula spray!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Here we go again, lol. All these peeps afraid of bugs (disregard anything cali-boys Elk and Billy say). Once we are "moved in" to the pits, the bugs take off. It is NOT a good idea to leave your boots and or gear out side on the ground though.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by LoriKTM

Are you KIDDING me??  :eek:

My thoughts exactly...I've never even been to the midwest so I don't know what to expect. Luckily Papakeith is my traveling partner so I'm sure I'll be well prepared!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
hehe sure Sam. . . I'll prepare you for the great outdoors. :p
Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!
Ask everyone what type of snake they found last year :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Snake???? Was it a biting snake?

Ok I guess that's a DUMB question...this will be highly entertaining for many when I see my first foreign bug or snake.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Oh god...you mean when I crack my head open, break my leg, or see a snake?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Papakeith
No broken body parts please!!!
Wasn't it you who said the other day "She's going to break something soon, she's getting fast and too confident?"

Top Bottom