Easier to compenste for stiff springs or ...

xenasdaddy

Sponsoring Member
Apr 8, 2001
Hey guys.

I am in a bit of a dillema. Here is my story:

Normally 235lbs, Currently 280 lbs - Should be at 250 lbs by next few months ( I fluctuate a lot!)

I think I would like to get springs for my 2000 CR250 for a 250 pound rider.

I am a beginner racer, but not a beginner rider (have been riding m/x ers for about 5 years. I race motocross in South Louisiana on fairly soft dirt and mud terrain (unless we get dry spells which we do)

I have been correspong with a few gurus that have different opinion on what springs I should get. One says .48 and 5.2, the other says .50 and 5.4.

Please, I do not want to and am not saying either guy is wrong. They are both EXCELLENT suspension guys and contributers to this site as well as the sport itself.

My question is:

Is it easier to adjust suspension via oil height, oil weight, damping, etc with springs that are a little stiff, or with springs that are a little soft? Suggestion and comments are welcome!

Thanks alot guys and gals,
XD

xenasdaddy

Sponsoring Member
Apr 8, 2001
oops, forgot

how would one go about adjusting for slightly soft springs?
how would one go about adjusting for slightly hard springs?

I mean in terms of oil height and weight and clickers, etc.

Thanks,
XD

xenasdaddy

Sponsoring Member
Apr 8, 2001
Just an update.

I went ahead and ordered the .50 and the 5.4. I talked with a few guys on the phone and understood their reasoning. Also, I can have these by this weekend and work on them soon. I will of course give my little review once they are installed, etc. in case any other big guys like me are interested.

Please feel free to comment though.

Thanks,
XD

Top Bottom