Easy upgrade

ep1k

Jun 14, 2007
I have a 98' KTM 200exc. I wanted to know what the cheapest/easiest purchase for an aftermarket upgrade would be. It could be more speed, power, horses, shifting whatever.. just wanting a cheap but useful upgrade.

THanks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Find whatever parts are worn and replace 'em. :nod:

May 10, 2007
seriously that bike has a lot of power. just replace anything worn and you will get it back. if not that a pipe (though possible expensive)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
seriously that bike has a lot of power. just replace anything worn and you will get it back. if not that a pipe (though possible expensive)
Thats what I was getting at, I dont think he liked it.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Suspension...
Power won't do you any good if the bike doesn't handle
I raced a stock motor'd 200 for 1.5 seasons, stock pipe, jetting, reeds.... But I had put well over $1k into suspension items. The bike was just as fast as the other guys because I wasn't always fighting to keep the bike going the right way. I also wasn't as fatigued trying to wrestle the bike.

ep1k

Jun 14, 2007
How do I go about setting the suspension to my specifications? Would I have to take it into a shop for that kind of work to be done or what?

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Make sure you have the right springs for your weight, then a suspension tuner can re-valve the suspension according to your ridding style and terrain...
MX-tech does a good job

Race_Bennett

Jul 23, 2007
Yes, usualy you can take it to someone and have it set up for your exact weight. I have ridden a 400 and a crf450 with this and you cant feel the bumbs very nice riding. expect to pay 700$

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Get a gun case from walmart,put your forks and rear shock in it. Send it to MX Tech,with your weight,riding ability and usage. Not cheap,but worth double every penny! I have used plenty of other so called suspension experts,call Jeremy or Brandon(Brandon is doing engine work!)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…