ep1k

Jun 14, 2007
I have a 98' KTM 200exc. I wanted to know what the cheapest/easiest purchase for an aftermarket upgrade would be. It could be more speed, power, horses, shifting whatever.. just wanting a cheap but useful upgrade.

THanks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
seriously that bike has a lot of power. just replace anything worn and you will get it back. if not that a pipe (though possible expensive)
Thats what I was getting at, I dont think he liked it.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Suspension...
Power won't do you any good if the bike doesn't handle
I raced a stock motor'd 200 for 1.5 seasons, stock pipe, jetting, reeds.... But I had put well over $1k into suspension items. The bike was just as fast as the other guys because I wasn't always fighting to keep the bike going the right way. I also wasn't as fatigued trying to wrestle the bike.

ep1k

Jun 14, 2007
How do I go about setting the suspension to my specifications? Would I have to take it into a shop for that kind of work to be done or what?

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Make sure you have the right springs for your weight, then a suspension tuner can re-valve the suspension according to your ridding style and terrain...
MX-tech does a good job

Race_Bennett

Jul 23, 2007
Yes, usualy you can take it to someone and have it set up for your exact weight. I have ridden a 400 and a crf450 with this and you cant feel the bumbs very nice riding. expect to pay 700$

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Get a gun case from walmart,put your forks and rear shock in it. Send it to MX Tech,with your weight,riding ability and usage. Not cheap,but worth double every penny! I have used plenty of other so called suspension experts,call Jeremy or Brandon(Brandon is doing engine work!)

Top Bottom