EBC DRC Kevlar Clutch kit 2003 Rm250

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
Okay, after searching this site (unsuccessfully) for related topics i have been relegated to post my own. I have a 2003 rm250 with a full hinson clutch. We'll say for this purpose that all the hinson parts are for a 2004 rm 250. I have ordered from suzuki the only two parts that differ between the 2003 and 2004 model year and have installed them with the hinson parts. I also installed a new oem clutch kit just before installing the hinson parts and a magura hydraulic. At first i noticed a bit of slipping in 3rd now 2nd etc. I have purchased a DRC EBC Kevlar clutch kit from Dennis kirk. The stack is about 2 mm shorter and the springs are about 15mm shorter but with more tension. So, last evening I installed this clutch only to discover all of the above to be true. did i get the wrong kit or am i missing something. I do all my own work on my bikes and others bikes as well but this has me stumped!!!!!!! :bang: :bang:

Moose run june 2-3 2006 morrison il

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
From what I understand, many of the aftermarket fiber plates for RM's are too thick or too thin. Eric Gorr recommends OEM plates.

I've heard a lot of reports of Barnett plates being very inconsistent in thickness. The aftermarket plates that were in my bike when I bought it were too thick - so much so that the prior owner had left out a fiber plate to make the stack close to the right thickness.

All that said, because of price issues I couldn't resist buying a Tusk kit for my RM even though some people have had problems with them. It was $45.00+shipping for fibers and steels.

I put the Tusk kit in on Friday night and I ran two classes on Saturday - total of 30 laps. Everything worked well from what I could tell. I'm satisfied thus far.

Is your stack so thin that the clutch won't work? Still slipping, I assume?

Top Bottom