Economic Impact Study / Your input needed

James921

Jul 19, 2004
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I need to produce an economic impact study to present to the City Council depicting how much revenue would be generated for our community if we get the Sportsman ORV Trails Project approved.
If you have access to such a study, please forward it to me at harmony@okplus.com

If you don’t have access to such a study, please help me develop one by answering the following questions;

No individual or personal information gathered from this study will be shared beyond the Impact Study Panel and will be used solely for the purpose of researching and developing an Economic Impact Study for communities hosting ORV parks. Only the average results of this study will be released.

Economic Impact
a) In the vehicle you drove/rode in on your last visit to an ORV park that charged for riding, how many people rode with you?
b) How much did it cost for each individual to ride the ORV park?
c) Were there any camping/lodging costs involved? If so, how much for each night?
d) How many nights did you stay?
e) How much did you spend on fuel?
f) How much did you spend at restaurants?
g) How much did you spend on food/snacks at local grocery stores/quick stops?
h) Did you or anyone with you spend any time in town shopping for items not associated with ORVing?
i) Did you participate in any other events like boating, fishing, swimming, horseback riding or other event while on your last ORV outing? If so, please list them and the costs associated with them.
j) Please list any other costs you incurred while on your last outing to an ORV outing that charged for riding.

General Information
1) Please list the estimated ages of all those who went with you on your last ORV outing to a trail system that charged for riding.
2) How many male? How many female?
3) What did you like most about your trip?
4) What did you dislike most about your trip?
5) How many miles did you travel to get to the ORV Park?
6) How many days did you stay?
7) How many ORVs did you or your group take?
8) How many trips like you have described do you take per year?
9) How did you learn about the ORV Park you visited – flyer, word of mouth, brochure, magazine, signage, newspaper ad, radio, TV, other (please specify)
10) What is your annual household income? Under $10,000 $10,000-$20,000 $20,000-$30,000 $30,000-$40,000 $40,000-$50,000 Over $50,000 Do not give actual incomes please.

I appreciate you guys helping me with this very vital study. Please type your answers into an MSWord document and email it to harmony@okplus.com
I must have your answers and this study completed by this coming Tuesday morning August 10th, so please get your answers to me as quickly as possible.
Once I have the final averaged numbers, they will be available to anyone who wants them.

Thanks for your help,
James Hale
Seminole, Oklahoma

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
I have a CD ROM with more info than you can handle but it is to large for e-mail. What is your snail mail address so I can mail you a copy.

James921

Jul 19, 2004
Denny,
That would be great!! You can mail it to:

James Hale/ORV
108 E. Broadway
Seminole, Ok. 74868

Thanks for the help,
James

Top Bottom