Sawtooth

Feb 2, 2003
Has anyone installed a set of stator coils from Electrex on a 87 KDX, They sent me C25/26 and they are different from the stock ones and show a different wire setup configuration than what is on the bike. Any help would be great. Thanks John

mulerider

Mar 21, 2003
I have had extensive and very painful experiences with the 86 ignition system 87 is the same. Are these an aftermarket set of coils? Do they look the same diameter (coil wrapping)? Are the pick ups(surface area that the magnets exchange charge with) the same size? The coils should have two leads (wires) Positve and negative.

Tell me more and I might be able to help!

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i too have had a huge painful experience with my coils. Problem resolved now. If you're bike only had one large coil to begin with then the C25/C26 Electrex sent you will not work. You will have to send your old big coil to them to have it rewound, don't expect a speedy return on that. In the meantime i got lucky and found a set on ebay. so i have an extra coil now, but sorry i'm too stingy to sell it, i don't want to go through what i went through, again!!! Give me more info on what is going on with you and i will help however i can.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom