a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We went today and picked up Jr's new ride! Yes, it's new 2001, still in the crate RM 250. I think I'm more excited than he is! That's my boy, goes with the Suzuki, he's lucky! Couldn't have allowed him in the house if he bought, dare I say it, a YAMAHA!!:moon: We unpacked it in the garage and started the greasing process and assembly. Alot of fun this way, I've never had a bike right outta the crate. Trying to get him to go next week in Phelan, we'll see. Have to do the break in up there then. We got it shipped to us from a dealer in Ohio, to the door, for $3995! Thanks to you guys in Ohio!!

Elk

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
That is one smoken deal there elk. So who was the fence on that deal and are you going to bust him later! He He :) Congrats Jr.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hmmm..... that's really cheap for a brand new bike.... oh, I see, it's a Suzuki! :p

Seriously though, congrats to the youngster---I'm sure my boy wouldn't mind a new 250 himself! :cool:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
it was a goood day! congrats. alway's wanted to try that new bike in crate and out of state shipping thing. tell me more of the process?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Congrats JR.

Elk. Did it come with the fat tires like like your suki??? :confused:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Does it have sprinkles?

You know what this means, don't you? There will be one MORE rider out there who's faster than you are.

Congrats, Elk Jr.!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Elk,
Nothing like a bike to bring dad and lad together!

Now...let's get it straight....jr. is what, like 3 yrs old yes? And THAT is why we are so excited? :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Luckily we had a hook up through one of my friends who's son is a local pro and gets bikes form this dealer all the time. He wasn't having any luck selling them out there so he ships them here to sell. I think he ran out of the 01's though, last one went ot Jr.
No, this version of the 01 has the big bore version of the B&S and since Jr still has respect, he won't pass me!!:) I'm sure it won't be long before he starts to lap me too:( No donut tires on this one either, that was the desert version:):)

Marlin, you just have to get the right contacts to get out of state bikes. This guy has yellow freight deliver them and all we do is the setup, real simple. Great time to do the grreasing cause the front end is partially apart already.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Oh, I forgot, Jr. is going on 17 and pushing 6'1"! He didn't ask permission to be bigger than me so I think I'll keep the bike for now!:p:p

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Elk,
Glad to see you're a "hands on" dad. Totally cool IMHO!

Does ElkJr have a DRN screen name yet and is it ElkJr? ;) Need to have him post a ride report for the new RM.

Congrats,
Scott

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'll get him on when he has time. He's been more into working and playing verses sitting on the computer with his old man!! We had a great day yesterday working on it together. Out in the garage, music going, working on bikes, what could be better!:D

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
[Bworking on bikes, what could be better!:D [/B]

Ridin 'em. :) :) :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You have a point there 80farter! That'll get you some MoJo!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Not yet, but if he keeps riding twice as much as me, it won't take long!:(

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Nice sig by the way eater!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I mean location, man I'm loising it.:)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
No Bundy, the YZ rides YOU!! :moon:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom