Emergency Room visits?

• None (I'm lying or don't ride.)

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • 5 or less

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • If I had a trophy for every time......I'd have a lot more trophys.

Votes: 17 15.5%

• Total voters

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Certainly, if you've been riding for any time, you've been there.
For me......concussion, collarbone, ribs, funky knee, finger, both wrists, seperated shoulder, titanium plate and 8 screws in ankle. Dirty looks from wife........priceless!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Most of mine have been unrelated to racing. Only one racing ER visit so far. I had quite a few last year due to a bout of cancer. But haven't had one for that since Feb of this year.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
None for me due to ridin. Ive been twice for stitches.. Broke my arm but waited 2 days to see the doc, was out camping, having a good time on my jetski and didnt wanna come home :laugh:

Ive took the kid twice, both for broken collarbones, each side :laugh:

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
Only been in the ER once for riding my dirt bike. Broken collarbone, broken wrist, concussion, mest up knee, and stiches on my face, which left 2 really big scars. Now it's hard to attract the ladies.

railer

Nov 4, 2005
still recovering from a upper humerous greater tuberosity fracture. Funky injury, takes long time to heal. First MX related injury. I've quickly learned that ER visit is nothing compared to not being able to ride for so long.

ER visit is only the beginning of the frustration!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
From riding only 2x once a few weeks ago for my shoulder and once back in '02 when my bike decided to drive me into the ground head first.
Non bike related yeah...um probably at least once, some years twice since I was 4...I'm 24 now.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
only one for riding three broken ribs and tire marks down my side
to many other times unrelated to riding (accident prone)
frac skull,wrenched ankle numorous trips for stitches
a few for my eyes :blah:

250Roach

Jun 19, 2006
Funny there is alot of colar bone injuries, I thought you guys would be up in the "Almost Vegtable State" with me from multiple concussions. Mostly broken arms, alot of torn ligaments, but never the ol Clavical, yet anyway!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Only went to the ER once due to riding (though after my last KO session I probably should have gone again) but I swear I spent half my childhood in the ER. Luckily I haven't seen it as much in the last few years, knock on wood.

Pauly250

Sep 3, 2006
Two weeks ago I broke my lower leg/ankle...lowsided my ZX6 during a trackday. Had to have surgery,2 pins on one side,5 screws and a plate on the other.Just got my cast put on and it will be another two weeks before I can put weight on it. First broken bone,I thought it was just a sprain.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I've had more visits to the ER from playing city-league basketball than I have from crashing a motorcycle (one to nothin'). Plenty o' visits just from being a kid, though. I've lost count at the number of stitches.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I have to admit that I checked the last one, but I have NEVER been to the ER for a motorcycle injury. I have been to the clinic after I cleaned up though. FYI motorcycle injuries: broken ankle, torn cartilage in left knee, broken bone in right hand( can't remember name... hand part of little finger), gravel road wipe out, posterior hamburger type damage :yikes:
Nope home improvement has been the most dangerous "risk sport" that I have ever participated in. by far.......:nod:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
No way I would want to really know the total but it is in excess of 20 that I remember.
Just in the last 4 years (and none got me an ambo ride to the ER (but my wife did drive me in a couple times)
Blown knee (riding)happened in OK but went to the ER in Wis
broken collarbone(riding)
Reconstructed finger (lawn mower)
Knee/ankle(falling off deck)
Wrist(work)
other wrist(got bootlace stuck in door as I ran out the door)
Kidney stones
Diverticulitis attack (happened at the track)
I know there are a couple others that I just don't remember right now and one I am not putting out in public :|
Then add in my son (he has never ridden in an ambo either)
Broke both arms at once (snowboard)
Collarbone (riding)
Broke one arm (snowboard) all these three were same year as my knee
Severe concussion (to be Xrayed for posible spinal which was neg)(riding)
Hyper extended knee (riding)

I think this is it and I hope our insurance provider isn't reading this

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
In 9 years of racing, my husband and I have each had one ambulance ride (his in '01, mine in '03), and maybe 5 ER visits each related to MX.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Freak accident when I cased a double the bike bottomed out and the ball of my foot hit the ground at the same time resulting in a pylon fracture to the ankle. I rode over the jump and it felt like a handful of gravel for an ankle, I didn't have any pain until about 3 hours later while waiting in ER. Wierd!

CJG

Nov 24, 2001
I voted Five or less because I've only been to the ER three times as a result of dirt bike crashes. My career numbers including non-bike related trips to the ER would put me well in to the trophy category.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Just once, last year. I was in the 24hour race and it was around 2:30 am. I had just got up this one long rutty hill and crashed. The footpeg imbedded in my left calf. I did not realize it was punctured until after I finished my lap and took my gear off. The muscle and fat tissues were hanging out of a big hole in my sock. I went to the emergency room and got 14 stitches. 5 down deep and 9 up top.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
oldguy said:
other wrist(got bootlace stuck in door as I ran out the door)

:laugh: Sorry, thought this was funny. Amazing what those pesky shoelaces can do to you. Mine was from them getting wrapped around the pedals on my bike (yes both feet at the same time) and couldnt stop or put my feet down. Resulted in chipped teeth and lots of skin loss when i smacked the tree at the bottom of the steps.

Only one visit due to my dirt bike and that was a broken ankle and leg at Dirtweek.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Ouch - lots of painful sounding (and some funny) stories here. I am in the 6-10 range, barely. Mostly smaller stuff: Broken foot, broken ankle, finger,stitches, concussion.
Has anyone ever broken a condial off the femur? I would have to say I have done that while at the same time effeciently removing the ACl and most of the patellar. Also a shattered kneecap.(other leg).

I figure at this rate, my body should be fully utilized by the time my brain short circuits.

RMZRIDER

Aug 3, 2006
mines recent, first ever and ive been riding since i was 4, i shattered my shoulder on labor day and am getting all the pins out nov. 1. WOOT!!!!! i overshot a double and the bike cartwheeled on top of me, at first i couldn't move or feel my body so i thought i was paralyzed, then after that i wished i couldn't feel my body anymore, the worst pain i have ever experienced, i wish i would have blacked out,

god bless morphine!!!!!;)

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Morphine, what is that, I don't really remember.....

Only thing I remember about morhpine is the suppositiories about 3 days later. :)

Which is probably a good thing.

nikskx

Sep 6, 2006
I've been once my entire riding time, and that was when i had my 400ex, 4th gear fish tails, hit big rock on path = messed up bars and broken collar bone..

tom_motox

Jun 9, 2006
at the moment i have a broken leg. over shot a landing ramp and snaped my tibular and fibula(compound fracture) god damm it hurt i never want to do that again.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom