EnduroCross (Indoor Off Road Racing)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Wait til Super Hunky himself gets wind of this idea. If he calls SX stupidcross, endurocross is really going to set him off.

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
could this be the future of enduro as we know it first four strokes now indoor enduro nice concept but i like the real woods better :bang:

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
How can this be an Enduro event? No timekeeping, no trail, no trees, = no Enduro. It takes the fun away from arriving at a spectator point when you sit there and race the hole time in the stadium. How they expect a slow B rider to cut the trail when you can plainly see the whole course? :uh:

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
Bizarre...

Our local Harescrambles events are actually called "EnduroCross," because it's a mixture of woods and outdoor MX track. That, and French speakers would pronounce it "Air-Scrambles," which sounds more like turbulence from a jet. And a direct translation would result in "Rabbit Omelette." Not good, unless you like a little bunny with your bacon.

Mmmmm.....bunny and bacon....

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
D Lafleur said:
How they expect a slow B rider to cut the trail when you can plainly see the whole course? :uh:

There won't be any slow B riders. Its an invitational.
It will be cool to watch. I have seen a few of these events in Europe, and I really liked it....however, an open mind is required, maybe it shouldn't be called an enduro...

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Mixed feelings. It might be fun to watch once, but as the "future of the sport" it looks like something that would suck the fun out of all the things I like about competing in enduros.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
BRush said:
Mixed feelings. It might be fun to watch once, but as the "future of the sport" it looks like something that would suck the fun out of all the things I like about competing in enduros.

Same here. By the way if that video clip was the "pros" I wouldnt want to see the "B" riders. Most of those obstacles could be stepped up over or doubled. What was that a $10 swimming pool from Wal Mart in the middle of the course. Give them a water crossing with floating jugs to mark the course, rocks under the water, and a 5 knot current with slippery embankments on both ends that wont hold up until row 30 gets by. Now you start getting an Enduro.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
More sideshow cicus follies, but hey if it sells tickets have at it, but it ain't the future of our sport by any means.

BTW, why in the wide world of sports are these guys sporting handguards? I guess those KMart potted plants can leave a pretty nasty mark on an unsuspecting set of hands :eek:

d36RM racer

May 26, 2004
I think they should ride thru the seats thats as close as they will get to single track. It wont do well anyway because the euros made it so its bound to fail :nener:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Ok, I agree, it certainly is no "enduro", and its not the future of our sport, but it will get exposure, and it will get more people interested in offroad racing and offer an alternative to high flying SX. I don't get the "demeaning" comment. Please elaborate.
Don't knock it until you've seen it.

pmccormick

Mar 4, 2004
you're right, maybe I should hold my judgement. Demean probably was the wrong word. I just felt that what I saw on the video looked silly and contrived. But, maybe that's what everyone thought about the first supercross.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I guess I am not as picky as some of you guys. I like just about anything to do with riding dirt bikes. Harescrambles and single track are my favorite but I'll hit an mx track for fun. SuperMoto looks like a blast, racing fiddys around the backyard is a hoot and EnduroCross looks like it'd be a riot during the cold winter months.

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
Bottom line is this, if it came to your town would you pay to see it...take the kids???

I would!

Might make it a little easier to explain to the average Joe just what it is that we do.

The lack of timekeeping definately erases the word "enduro" in mind. Maybe they should call it Bumpy-cross...LOL

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
skabeeb---I'm wid'ya, mon.
Tho' these lil' homies are def SLOW...apparently the "invitational list" is not exactly overflowing. Heck, maybe I ain't to old to geta factory ride after all! <g>

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wait till it comes to my home town? It`s in Vegas man!! we`re planning on a 9 day bus tour to go see this petty and contrived sport.Being that it`s in Vegas is a bonus.

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
My wifey hates woods racing because she can't see much as a spectator. I think being able to see something like this would help her to appreciate the sport more. just my 02 worth.

Top Bottom