Enough already!

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by CR Swade

Well, yeah! It just tain't the same all bundled up out on the couch on the front porch without them lights on. Sheez!:p

Yea! An hows mama gonna see ta put them thar cloths in nat new washin machine settin all purdy on da poach? Them thar lights show off my new satilite dish!!!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Zio, if you still have a live (dead, now!) tree in your house, better get it out before it self-combusts!
We get live trees, and after they have served their time, we sacrifice them to the Winter gods and dance around the fire...

Just saw some more lights on this weekend, and at 50+ degrees, it's certainly been warm enough to take them down!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
oh, no... not in my house... jeeze, what kind of moron to you take me for? It's in my front yard. :o

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Want to know what's worse than waiting to take christmas lights down? Putting them up before thanksgiving. One department store had lights up half of the way through november, but Nordstrom (the only good department store) closes early on thanksgiving, and has them up the next day (like they should).

Just thought of something:
If you've got Christmas lights up in February, you might be a redneck

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
YZeater, I wasn't going to resort to name calling, although several (ok, several hundred) residents in my town resemble your remark.

You know, at least the regular lights weren't that obvious (when not plugged in) until they came out with those tacky looking "ice sickle" type that hang down. Sad part is, we are talking about something that's purpose is to look good for a few weeks or a month, but instead just looks dumb ALL YEAR! We have so many squirrels here, if you leave any kind of lights up year round, chances are they won't work for the next year...the buggers chew right thru the wires. Hey, maybe this explains why some people leave them on all the time???

Thank you Lori, this makes me feel better that I am not alone. Next on the list!
1. Barking/unleashed dogs
2. crap in the front yard (junk swing sets, non-functional cars, boats)
3. loud hardleys (harleys I mean), especially when I am sleeping
4. kids allowed to play in the street unsupervised when they barely old enough to walk
5. different paper boy every week, collecting way too often
6. neighbors that put their trash out all week, not just on "the day" (it blows all over the neighborhood)
7. neighbors that have many big oak trees but never rake

that's all I can think of for now...

:uh: :uh: :o :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

Bezdelnik

Jun 14, 2001
Took them down this weekend. First warm weekend. Amazing - they came down in 3 hours but took 4 days to put them up. Hope they all come out of the box next not looking like a bird's nest!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Sorry Bez, it wasn't my intention to guilt anyone here into taking their lights down...well, not really anyway! ;)

Motometal, we'll have to start another flame in October or so for those yahoos that have to put up their lights before Thanksgiving. I won't even mention all of the stores that start putting out their Christmas stuff early. Sometimes, you can see it just hiding behind the back-to-school items in the corner. :think They start so early these days, that by the time the actually Christmas holiday rolls around, I'm already sick of it! I'm not a scrooge, but it's hard to maintain a "Christmas spirit" for 60 days before the event!

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Motometal...I'm lucky enough to live in an expensive neighborhood in the suburbs. Houses in the neighborhood range from $350,000 to $18,000, so we don't have any rusted cars sitting in the front yard:) . I heard Jeff Foxworthy once say that rich rednecks put ceramic deer statues in their front yards, and poor rednecks go and hunt them:p

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
Motometal; you done crossed the line now boy!! Here in Possum Holler we don't take kindly to folks talkin' all uppity!!
1: If you don't like my dog unleashed, you better stay out of my yard! And if you is feeling froggy, come on and jump. Bring your sorry dog over and we'll see if my dog "Trouble" can whip "Fe-Fe" or "Precious" or whatever sissy name you done hung on your dog.
2: You don't talk about my swing set and I won't talk about your bird-feeders. Birdfeeders! I feed the doves out in the millet field where I can shoot em and eat em!!
3: No comment.
4: We don't have a problem with kids in the street! As soon as our kids can walk, they can drive the old truck. Any kids in the street don't last long
around here! Must be a "city problem".
5: Paper boy? Paper boy? What in blue blazes is you talkin' 'bout.
6: We dump our trash in the old roadbed out back. And we put it there any dang day we please! My neighbors always be diggin around in it to see what we done throwed out now! They don't mind one bit.
7: If them leaves don't bother me, why do they bother you! If I was to rake them leaves up, them the dang grass would grow. Are YOU
gonna come over and cut the grass?
You better stay clear if you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Billy:
No, I don't have a yappy little dog named fe-fe, and the engineer that figured out how to make those things bark as loud as big dogs is an evil person. To be honest, I don't like dogs that much, especially as pets in town (but that's getting waaay off the topic)

2. Your crappy swing set looks bad and lowers my property value. Birdfeeder? Of course I have trained my birds to poop all over your swing set and the AMC Pacer in your front yard. I'm hoping if I can accellerate the rust with the bird poop, they will completely disappear at least by 2043. By the way, are these items for sale? (I would love to buy them, then just haul them to the scrap yard. And yes, this has been done.)

5. You know, newspaper, that thing you read while sitting on the "special U shaped chair with the speciall pool of water below it"
6. Maybe if I put some really toxic trash out early, it will discourage the stray dog problem.
7. I would be happy to help you mow. The "ranch king" is ready and willing, powered by stale premix of course:)

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
:) :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom