JB

Mar 23, 2000
HAS ANYONE TRYED THESE? DO THEY MAKE SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS ? HOW ABOUT THEIR VALVING, DO THEY DO A GOOD JOB?????

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ive read on write up on a BB the owner said he had never rode a bike with as good suspension as enzos, im also after feedback from someone who has tried just the sub tanks.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
In the last issue of transworld mx mag they did a review on them. They tested it on a stock set of 02 YZ forks. thier comment was they really liked them. They was claiming it got rid of the harshness in the YZ forks and got rid of any notion they had before of revalving the forks. they claim it got rid of the harshness in the forks and it was like ridding the bike with revalved forks. I must say they look nice and trick but all they really are is just add on oil chambers. I wonder what jeremy thinks of em? :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Actually, they are "add-on air chambers"

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
This thread is much better than the TWMX write-up. Contains an e-mail from Ross himself.

Enzo Tanks

JB

Mar 23, 2000
yea, i know. i had already read both of these threads. but i was asking if anyone had first hand experiance with the sub tanks and or enzo's valving job. they require you to send your suspension to them so that the sub tanks can be installed. since i was going to send them for sub tanks, i figured i would have them revalve also. i am sending the suspension off today, and i'll let you know in a week or so what i think of the subtanks and valving .

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hmmm....I can't see any reason for sending in your forks to have the sub-tanks mounted. In fact, I think they may have to be mounted behind your number plate, possibly on the triple clamps. It may be that they want to give your fluid the proper height for the tanks to be effective. Maybe they are going to re-port your bleed hole for a differnt size fitting, being the stock fitting is the biggest (or smallest, as it were) restriction that would hinder the flow controls from perfoming properly.
OR...maybe Ross wants you to feel it would be good to have a revalve at the same time. :D I have a feeling that when you get your forks back you will have instructions on how to then mount the tanks.
Although I feel that Ross has come upon a major item here, it's not rocket science. It simply allows you to change the volume of space on top of the oil.

I think many will agree that Enzo is quite a reputable company and you will probably find they do great work.

JB

Mar 23, 2000
in talking with them, they siad they have to raise the oil level and adapt the forks to instal the sub tanks. im sure the mounting bracket will not be installed at that point, only the subtanks.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Ah, from what you have said I think they are going to re-drill your bleed hole.
I think Ross mentioned earlier that he was using the stock hole, but I can see where it would be benificial to have a larger oriface. Most are 4mm, and not much integrity in a 4mm fitting.
One thing I haven't heard yet is what the height of the oil will be. Maybe you can find out and let us know, JB.

Top Bottom