ergonomics. The biggest improvements?

syko

Jan 10, 2004
What do people here think are the biggest alterations you can make to improve the ergonomics and general 'comfort and control' factor of a bike. whether you are tal, short, heavy or light?

being a tall rider i invested in higher rise bars, also, having larger feet i bought some fat pegs and some longer brake and gear shift levers so my feet aren't constantly over my controls when i don't want them to be.
also invested in a high seat.

any other purchases that people can think of that give a bike a better feel for whatever your size, shape etc is?

for me, the single biigest difference was the high bars. i didn't feel 'squashed' on the bike and felt my arms could be much free'er and looser.
the longer levers also meant i wasn't accidentally smaking down a gear or hitting the brake if i landed a jump too hard, i like to take my foot right off the peg to brake so that suited my style.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
have a look at the KTM bend rental fatbar- they are also very straight and reasonably tall.

the best thing i found for my 6'2" stature is a Guts tall seat- i can now grip the bike with my knees and not my ankles!

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
Suspension revalve and proper spring rates, if that counts. I'm on the diminutive end of the scale, and stock MX suspension is exhausting and uncomfortable. I've never had a lowering job done, but I'm sure it's a huge improvement.

MSracer

~SPONSOR~
Feb 5, 2003
I make my own bar mounts forward and up from stock and use a fairly straight bend of bar. Tall seat foam along with welding new peg mounts lower on the frame for more leg room. The Fastway peg in the low/back position along with the lowered mounts give a lot more leg room. I also lengthened my shifter but it was for more leverage against a KX gearbox to improve shifting and not for more room.

Top Bottom