2003 tm 250 MX clutch cable / springs

calv

Jul 29, 2009
Had my TM a couple of weeks, my previous bike was a Ducati so I knew about the quality of Brembo brakes and Ohlins etc. and when a TM came up for sale near me it seemed a no brainer.

I do love it, but am having the same problem as every other TM owner with a lack of a service manual and choice of parts.

The clutch doesn't seem to be dis-ingageing properly. When it's started in neutral there's no problem, then jumps forward violently when put into first. This happened on my old Ducati road bike and the problem was old clutch springs. The TM also still feels slightly in gear when the engine's not running and the bikes put into first / second gear and wheeled around with the clutch lever fully squeezed. Anyone else had this problem ?

The part of the clutch cable which leads from the master cyclinder on the handlebars to the lever seems quite worn and could do with replacing. Is this a small part to replace, or do I need to buy the whole hydraulic hose and cable ?

All suggestions very appreciated, thanks.

Tsin510

Jul 7, 2003
calv said:
Had my TM a couple of weeks, my previous bike was a Ducati so I knew about the quality of Brembo brakes and Ohlins etc. and when a TM came up for sale near me it seemed a no brainer.

I do love it, but am having the same problem as every other TM owner with a lack of a service manual and choice of parts.

The clutch doesn't seem to be dis-ingageing properly. When it's started in neutral there's no problem, then jumps forward violently when put into first. This happened on my old Ducati road bike and the problem was old clutch springs. The TM also still feels slightly in gear when the engine's not running and the bikes put into first / second gear and wheeled around with the clutch lever fully squeezed. Anyone else had this problem ?

The part of the clutch cable which leads from the master cyclinder on the handlebars to the lever seems quite worn and could do with replacing. Is this a small part to replace, or do I need to buy the whole hydraulic hose and cable ?

All suggestions very appreciated, thanks.

Book shows the Clutch is a Magura Clutch which you should be able to replace from Magura parts or KTM parts which is Magura also.

Top Bottom