Mack Reed

Oct 24, 2001
Eric or whom it my cocern
I have a 00 Kx 250 with the 265 kit. I have had trouble getting the bike to have good top end power since the work was done. I sent the cyl. back and Eric opened the squish band. That didn't solve it. (OK to make a long story short, and its long) A friend and me took the power valve apart and cleaned all the parts ect. We put the bike back together per the manual and the thing ran great for a short time. (few min) The main power valve broke.
The flap that moves up when the pv is in the open pos. I bought a new pv assembly and did the mods for the over bore and again the bike was running fine. I did have the two side ports timed one tooth in the advanced pos. which made for a lose of bottom end. Then the bike started to run bad and make noise. The main pv broke again. This time the lower part of the pv went into the piston and you all know what that did. No cyl damage though. With all this said does anyone have any ideas what would couse the pv to break like this? any help would be appreciated, Thanks Mack

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Mack,
I know that the pin or roller (D) broke the last time. Which part broke the first time (B)? Hopefully Eric can provide some insight.

Attachments

• pv.jpg
    pv.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 507

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom