SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
Eric,
I have a 2004 KX 125 that I want to get bored to a 144... but I have a steel sleeve in my cylinder... so can the sleeve be cut out and still be enough aluminum left to plate, or can it be bored and then put the plating on the cast iron (I see that US chrome does that), or can the sleeve be cut away down to the aluminum and the cylinder be welded to take up the excess space of boring the cylinder out if it was too big without the sleeve?
I really don’t want to run the 144 kit in the cast iron bore because it seems to wear faster and with the 144 making more power and heat and shorter service intervals I want all the life I can pull out of it....
If none of that can be done or would be too expensive do you have any other cylinders on hand that I could buy from you and then do the 144...
also you say you buy trashed cylinders... well I have a trashed out 03 cr 125 cylinder with no power valve... how much do you guys usually give for something like that?

Hope ^that^ made sense!!!
Thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A sleeved barrel won't work in a 144cc setup. They basically ruin it when they bore the cylinder big enough to fit the cleeve in.

You'll have to call Eric in the shop on current stock of ready to go cylinders.

Eric Gorr

Engine Builder
Jun 29, 1999
We are out of core cylinders. Try looking on that E auction site for one, even a damaged one is ok because we will bore it so far oversize. Just make sure it doesn't have a cracked bridge or water errosion damage. Don't pay more that $25.

Top Bottom