fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Doug and I are working in South Prairie / Orting for a couple weeks. Anyone up for an after work ride on Mondays, Wednesday or Friday up at Evans Creek?

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Hey Dave, this is Little Jeff, I might be up for a ride on Friday, but not for sure yet, have a bunch of errands to run that dayand I'm going to Taenum on Sat. Do you want to come to Taenum with Pat and I another one of my riding buddies Glenn? I was wondering what kind of construction you do. If I remember right it is remodels and stuff like that right? My girlfriend and I are thinking about getting all new wood floor put in our downstairs, we live in a condo. E-mail me arimax21@netzero.net for more info.
Little Jeff

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Well.......

I'd definently be down for riding anyday!!! That is if you don't mind showing a new guy around? I'm still in the works of breaking my bike in so I don't know if I can do any long winded big trips but then again I don't know what evans creek has to offer. My gear should be here by Friday so I would be down to go if it's here on time.

Let me know what's up, Joshinu@comcast.net aka Josh(Tha New Guy in Town)

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Jeff,

I'm pretty well booked on the weekends for a while so I'm trying to squeeze in rides after work. We hit the Taneum junction/ Naches trip last friday evening and the trails were pretty wet since it had just rained hard but they were drying out fast. Naches was much dryer. With the warm weather now it will be dry for sure by the weekend. I checked out some jetting settings and you can give me a call if you want to. E-mail is on the way. Is that the Glen that was at the horse camp? I didn't get a chance to ride with him that weekend.

Wa,

There is not a lot of miles up there so not much chance of long winded trips or showing you up since we're just a couple of old geezers riding in the woods. We don't wan't to hold you back. Friday pm is good, we could meet at the South Prairie Mini Mkt. Don't worry you can't miss it.

Last edited:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Dave, you said the magic word. MONDAY!!!!!!!! You bet I'll go! I've been wanting to hit up Evans Creek too. Let me know if/when you want to go.

Jeremy

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Fishhead,

Old geezers or not I'm sure you have more skill and talent than my young energy can keep up with seeing how it's been almost 3 years. I'm still in the break in stage as I only fire it up everyday just to here it and spin it around the block. (neighbors getting testy) My gear should be here this week... (fingers crossed!) Let me know what your definete plans are as time comes closer to your outing. Email me at joshinu@comcast.net If by chance I can't go then I'll have to hook up with you on your next outing as my schedule is free for the summer! I'm looking to ride as much as possible, new to the area and don't know too many people to get out with. Jeremy and Jeff have offered to take me out as well so I'm just grateful there's a good core group of guys around to show me the ropes. Talk to you soon.

Josh

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Sounds good to me. Just let me know the time when you know. If you're going to be in orting/south prarie, then you could probably just call me a few mins before you are going to head out, and we'd get there about the same time. I think the number you have for me might be my old cell. I'll PM you with my new numbers.

WA, come on out too. It'll be fun.

Jeremy

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I hope your job in orting is long. This is my last week at my current job in Sumner and then I drive to Santa Cruz for a little vacation until the 26th. Then I start a city job.

When do you guys cut out for the day? New job won't let me out until 5. If I were you I would explore the wilkeson area. Sounds to be some good trails out there.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
We cut out when the boss says it's time to go. I get along with the boss real well since he likes to ride and fish. :laugh:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Highbeam, what kind of "city job" did you get? I'm looking for one as well. Something in public works, or something.... Know anyone hiring?

The Wilkeson area is pretty cool. Kinda small if you're looking for an all day ride, but certainly plenty for several hrs of entertainment. In fact, WA and I may be heading out there on Thrusday after work.

Jeremy

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
The job is as a civil engineer for the public works department. I knew I wanted a city job so I started going to each city's employment section of their webpage. Public jobs must be advertised.

Rode a Vmax through orting yesterday in the heat. Some street bikes are nice to ride and the road from orting to buckley is mighty fun.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Check out he road from Orting to Electron. Take a right at the Y where you took a left toward buckley.

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
2 weeks from tomorrow I have 2 weeks off, Evans creek/wilkensen during a weekday sounds great, haven't exactly been there yet. Street bike ride out that way sounds good too, Highbeam, is the Vmax yours, or do you ride it much? Got a friend out in Graham (Dan, for those who were @ NW spodefest #1), who I'm gonna be hooking up with for a road ride soon. He usually just does long rides, but I'm thinking a quick run up to Paradise mid week might work, probably early - mid morning before the RV's get rolling too heavy.
9/'02 fuel in the Buell, got to remedy that situation.

Check out my new toolbox;

http://www.hammerhead.bz/index.htm

$699 @ Costco. It Glows :worship:

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I've been on that road towards electron and Kapowsin quite a few times. That's where you go to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I'm pretty new to riding the big cruiser so I take it a little easy in the curves. But when the road opens up....

The Vmax is my buddy's who stores his WR at my house. One of those deals where anytime I want it I can borrow it for a week at a time. I would be storing the Vmax but that darn thing is too big and 552 lbs heavy. Very comfortable to ride though and as fast as a guy would want. It's the yellow one.

Oh and the beauty of a Vmax is the "vboost" where the intake manifold opens up into a big single plane at 6000 rpm. All the carbs feed all the cylinders. Sure to make any horsepower junkie smile.

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Tahuya rat,

That tool box is pimpin'!!! $699 is too much for me but wow that's nice!

Jeremy and I are heading out to evans today if my gear gets here soon. Let me know about dirt riding, my schedule is free.

Josh at joshinu@comcast.net

kev_rm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
next week I am available after work tues-thrs, and then I think I am going to be hitting moses lake next weekend. I can probably be in evans creek by 5pm, maybe earlier on tuesday.

jermey and I had a great ride on sunday at taneum. rode up to quartz mountain and then tried to head over to little naches, but hit some serious snow. we came back via the trail that keeps crossing the river and goes near a campground before heading back up to the 4-way (3376? sorry, no map handy!) anyway, that was a cool trail

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
we're going to hit Arnolds, thats the 76 mini market in south prairie, at 4:30 Friday plus or minus 15 mins. anyone wants to hook up meet us there or at the lot across from the campground at Evans creek. look for a white ford van and doug has a red toy truck with some orange bike in the back.

Or post to the thread or pm. I'll check the board before I head to work.

Top Bottom