trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
Last night, my wife, dogs, and I went to look at 5 baby foxes in our neighborhood. We kept our distance and the mom fox kept her eye on us. But after we started to leave she began to follow us. She kept her distance but was following none the less. Finally a car came by and I guess it scared her so she went off into the woods. The about 5 minutes later I looked back and there she was again. Its like she was tracking us. She just kept coming. You should have seen my pregnant wife trying to run, she looked so scared. I couldnt help but laugh. I tried to convince her to go ahead with the dogs and let me lag behind. I told her I would fight the fox, at this point she is now laughing at me. The fox was about 15 yards behind us now, and another car came by and off scurried the fox. We didnt see it again the rest of the way home. But we kept looking back as foxes are very sly creatures.
well get this...I wake up this morning and something has knoocked over my trashcan and spread my garbage all over the side of my house. My first thought was that maybe that fox tracked us home and is trying to teach me a lesson.
we also got within about 10 feet of an alligator but he got startled and went into the pond. Then we saw about dozen deer on the golf course.
Always an adventure.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Are fish part of a foxes diet?

I had a late night gun battle with a skunk and lost, got run up a tree by a bull, and my sisters cat would always ambush me from the rafters in the shed, but I never got tracked by a critter.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
LOL. I dont know what it is but I do know that an overwhelming majority of trips to the ER with me have involved animal related injuries.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Never even seen a fox, but my ol' man was tracked by a cougar. She is on his wall now.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Never seen a fox??? Dang'd ol Idahoweans! You just need to worry about being tracked by BIGFOOT!!!

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
The fox was hoping you would give her some food for her young. I basically had a pet fox for 3 months last year while working out of town. At first it would come by about 11:00 am and hang around for a while until it was well fed. After a couple of weeks it would come at 11:00 and 4:00 pm and hang around for about an hour. Some days he would lay in the sun about 20 feet away from me for a couple of hours. The fox, who I named Sanford (you know, Redd Foxx), was really people friendly and would get within 5 feet of me while I was feeding him. He was not rabid and did not act strangely (except for hanging around). I miss that fox.

If the fox was acting really wierd and looked unhealthy, then I would call the local authorities and stay away from it. Otherwise, you will likely be seeing that fox again.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
Im no fox afficianado but...She looked great I guess, big and healthy.

The babies looked like little kittens playing and hopping around with eachother.

and what were you feeding it?

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
We had one visit our house. Walked around like we were not there. acted tame. It stayed sitting when the dogs ran up barking and they ran into it. The chase was on. Around the yard and in the woods. Fox, dog, dog. out of the woods, fox, dog, dog. next time out dog, dog and no fox. again, dog, dog, no fox. The fox came walking out soon after and sat down again. This happened about 3 or 4 times. Very funny to watch.

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
trout, I fed it anything I happened to have in the lunchbox that day. Usually some cheese crackers, but then I started buying those sandwiches from 7-11 to feed it. He really liked ham and cheese.

TWRT, I would have loved to see that! Were the dogs trying to play or kill?

pdiddy

Mar 5, 2004
thunder33 said:
Never seen a fox??? Dang'd ol Idahoweans! You just need to worry about being tracked by BIGFOOT!!!

Ahem, you mean Sasquatch. LOL! :yeehaw:

I have never seen a fox either. Saw Sasquatch last year up on Independance Creek in north Idaho. He was carrying a case of Kokanee! :thumb:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I had the experience of being a stalkee of both a brown bear and a grizzly. One of the disadvantages of fishing on lakes in the middle of the woods. I'm pretty sure the brown was just curious to see what I was up to, but that grizzly... I saw him pushing 15 foot trees over for fun earlier that morning. I have never paddled a float tube that fast in my entire life. :ohmy:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
When i was about 9, we went too Yosemite, my brother was still in diapers.. Had a Bear show up at our campsite and snatch my lil Bro's Pampers LOL :laugh:

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
The dogs were just playing. It was like on the cartoons.... When the fox was sitting, the dogs thought he would start running when they came barking up. Instead, the fox just sat there and the dogs ran into him, knocking them all into a ball on the ground. After a while of chasing and losing the fox, the dogs lost interest.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I tried stalking a couple of foxes, they tried to have me arrested.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ive seen plenty of Fox. Last year at the shore a Female with young that lived in one of the sand dunes (Delaware) would come out anytime someone caught a fish, if it was not a keeper the fox got it and took it back to the den, too funny. I was tracked by a black bear once. I was riding in the winter, 4 inches of snow or so in Hazelton, I have yet to get a good close up spotting of a bear so I was excited to see some tracks crossing the trail, I stopped my bike and tooled off after the tracks, wich doubbled back in a wide loop to....... My Bike!!!!! Ok, point taken, I fired up the bike and went on my way...... at a good pace :ohmy:

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
**UPDATE**

The foxes are doing great. They are growing fast and play alot. The mom still keeps her distance, but you can get a pretty good look at the babies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom