Hampo

Sep 7, 2006
I live in brisbane australia. There isnt many places to ride but there was one place people called the bridge to no where. It was a prime riding spot for all the people who rode in brisbane. Every saturday and sunday youd come out and there would be over 60 cars with bikes and kids riding around. It was a great trail ride spot with many different landscapes including grassy, rainforest , sand , and typical australian bush. It stretched for Miles. Then one day the bulldozers turned up. They started making a road right next to it. It didnt take long for the whole place to be shut down. ONe day i turned up there ready for riding exepcting to see the dust clouds floating over the tree's..... there was none we drove in , barbed wire fence surrounded the main track entrances ,scaffolding with near to be built factories everywhere. There has been an uproar by all the riders sending in angry letters and going to there local politician. Many people have lost there free and local riding spot. There are still a few spots but there 40 min out and cost money to ride. Best riding spot in brisbane is now gone. When will it end :( now i relise the threat of land development and major companies buying out to much land. Never really cared when it was other stuff but now its hitting dirt bikers IM PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I later found out it was indeed a corparation that bought it out and government said we couldnt do squat since it was there land :(

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I feel for your situation - there are few places to legally ride for free around here as well.

That said . . .

Just curious - how is that evil?

You were riding on someone else's property for free and were probably breaking the law - not that I blame you - I've done it myself with the local power plant property.

Nevertheless, the corp bought the property and decided to use it for their own purposes. If you REALLY wanted the riding spot, you and the other riders would have purchased it. Get some guys together and buy some property to ride on.

Do you own any property? If so, do you let anyone come onto your property and do anything they want?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
robwbright said:
I feel for your situation - there are few places to legally ride for free around here as well.

That said . . .

Just curious - how is that evil?

You were riding on someone else's property for free and were probably breaking the law - not that I blame you - I've done it myself with the local power plant property.

Nevertheless, the corp bought the property and decided to use it for their own purposes. If you REALLY wanted the riding spot, you and the other riders would have purchased it. Get some guys together and buy some property to ride on.

Do you own any property? If so, do you let anyone come onto your property and do anything they want?

I second that.. How dare that evil corporation buy that land and then have the nerve to use it however they want.. Damn them!

Hampo

Sep 7, 2006
its not really evil, its just the government owned it then sold it out for money. When they new it was a very popular spot for dirtbikers. Im just angry so in my mind there EVIl!!!!!!

Hampo

Sep 7, 2006
FIGHT THE MACHINE RAWRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would they count as evil if our Premier ....mmmmm i guess equivelent to your congressman or something the guy who runs the state is Satan then is it evil ??????

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
As robwbright said, you should have bought it.

The govt had every right to sell it for money, even though it knew it was popular for riding.

Were the people riding on this land offering the owners of the land any money for riding on it?

Top Bottom